1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i change my default dash?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by B1gDRock, Aug 24, 2006.

1. B1gDRock

B1gDRock Regular member

i have a smartxx v2 chip in my xbox. it boots up with the xecuter2 bios. my default dash is XBMC, but i dont like it very much, cuz when i go to ftp it doesnt show all the drives. so i want to change my dash and i was planning on changing it to avalaunch, which i currently have installed as an app. how do i change my default dash to avalaunch, and what other dashboards do you recommend? thanks

here are what the folders look like in my xbox:

avalaunch folder:
    [​IMG]

c drive:
    [​IMG]

XBMC:
    [​IMG]

e drive:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2006
  2. theridges

theridges Guest

either avalaunch or unleashx,just erase xbmc out of whatever folder its in and ftp the avalaunch dash or unleashx dash to the E drive....

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2006
  3. B1gDRock

B1gDRock Regular member

umm that doesnt work because first of all if i delete the XBMC then it wont boot a dash at all, and second of all the e drive is where my apps and everything else is. im pretty sure i have to do something with my c drive.

4. theridges

theridges Guest

ok the pictures are up now i can see your set-up
    delte these files out of the C drive
    xboxmediacenter.xml
    xboxdash.xbe
    xbmc.log
    xbox.old.log
    and the XBMC Folder

and move the Avalaunch.xml
    and default.xbe(rename to xboxdash.xbe)
    and you should be good to go,if not you
    have a chip so no worries there....

5. B1gDRock

B1gDRock Regular member

ok, i did what you said. here is what it looked like once i did that:
    [​IMG]

but this is what happened once everything booted up:
    [​IMG]

so i figured what if i change the avalaunch.xml to XboxMediaCenter.xml and this is what happened:
    [​IMG]

6. brad1150

brad1150 Member

lol just get rid of ALL the xbmc files AND folders, then put all the avalaunch or unleashx(unleashx owns and is easy to use) and rename the default.xbe or whatever .xbe is with the dash to xboxdash.xbe and place them in C:/, I've done this a lot, also you can get a dashboard selector so when you turn your xbox on it shows all your dashes adn says to push a button to start whichever dash you want. Real easy to use on a multidash system.

7. theridges

theridges Guest

brad i made him get rid of all the xbmc files but its still looking for it......Big make sure you delete all the xbmc files like he said....and i said too lol...i dont know about the Smartxx chip but there should be a way to get to the dashboard menu and choose which dash u want to boot...

8. B1gDRock

B1gDRock Regular member

i deleted the files like you said but when i tried to delete the XBMC folder it wouldnt let me delete. so i went iside the folder and tried to delete everything inside of it and it deleted everything except for a few files. i kept trying to delete them but it wouldnt let me. any suggestions?

edit: actually i got it to delete the XBMC folder. this is what i did. i deleted all the files you told me, including the XBMC folder, which i couldnt do before. then i put in the avalaunch.xml file, the default.xbe file from the avalaunch folder renamed xboxdash.xbe, and the avalaunch folder into the c drive. i booted up the xbox and it gave me that message. i think its the first picture that i show with an error message, the one about not being able to find the xboxmediacenter.xml file.

edit 2: ok since nothing seemed to be working for me, i got X-selector and put that in my C drive and put the xbe from that folder into the C drive renamed evoxdash.xbe, an when i boot the xbox it actually works. my problem is when i press r to show my dashes and assign each button to which dash it wont show the directory of the dash i want. i went into the E:/UDATA/01010001/dashes.txt and edited it so it had the direcories of my dashes, but when i boot up again it still doesnt show them. what do i do now?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2006
  9. theridges

theridges Guest

like i said there has to be a way to get the the smartxx OS and tell it what dashboard to choose....

10. B1gDRock

B1gDRock Regular member

well im not sure but when i press power, the led lights red for a sec, and if i press eject while its red, i get this menu:

[​IMG]

then if i go to config, i get this menu:

[​IMG]

is that what youre talking about?

11. theridges

theridges Guest

yes,check settings and see whats in there....

12. B1gDRock

B1gDRock Regular member

ok my capture card isnt working for some reason so ill jus tell you what it says:

Default: Xecuter2
    Quick Eject: Xecuter2
    Quick Power: Xecuter2
    Quick Boot Modes: Eject+Power
    Timeout Boot: 0 sec
    Shutdown Time: 0 sec
    Language: English
    WrapAround: ON
    Clock Correct: ON
    Video Dimm: ON

Save and Exit

Exit

ive looked trhough there a dozen times and i still have never found anything about the default dash.

13. theridges

theridges Guest

what files are on your root E folder?

14. B1gDRock

B1gDRock Regular member

heres the settings tab. i got my capture card to work again:
    [​IMG]

as for my E folder here it is:
    [​IMG]

15. theridges

theridges Guest

ok you have the xecuter 2 bios loading,that means somewhere on your HD you have an X2 .ini file,you need to find that and ftp it to your computer open it in notepad and copy and paste what it says here and i can tell you what to do from there,if you cant find that .ini file go to smartxx.com and ask the question at there forums they probably know what to do....

16. B1gDRock

B1gDRock Regular member

alright im trying to look for it and i cant find it so ill keep looking and ill ask in the forums at smartxx.com or whatever then ill tell you what it says.

edit: actually i have an external hdd so ill backup the e to it and then ill search for it with that search tool thing.

17. B1gDRock

B1gDRock Regular member

ok i posted in the smartxx forums and they said that i need to get an x2config maker program. so i got it and opened it up and this is what it looks like:
    [​IMG]

i set the dashes to where my dashes are in my xbox and i set the cosmetics to to my liking. then i presses save to hdd and it put an x2config file on my desktop. heres whats in it:

so what should i change about it and where should i put it. this is what my c looks like right now:

[​IMG]

also im not real sure where to put the x2config file once its made and edited.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2006
  18. theridges

theridges Guest

yea i just need the part about the dashes..

19. B1gDRock

B1gDRock Regular member

alright i updated the pics

Last edited: Aug 27, 2006
  20. theridges

theridges Guest

put avalaunch folder on your C drive and make sure the .xbe in there is named Default..