1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I close my account?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by tycobb, Jul 23, 2006.

1. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

Hi,I was wondering how I can close my account here at AD.I looked for a help tab but couldn't find one so I tryed searching "closing my account" but didn't get any results.

Lately there has been some dude who keeps getting banned and resigning up just to lay into me.I just don't want to deal with it anymore and I'm afraid he'll just come to my shoutbox if I don't get a permanant deactivation.

I like the mods so could I just quietly send them a pm requesting to be permabanned if I decide to go through with it?

I haven't ever been suspended or banned so even if I tryed to get banned I probably would just be let off with a warning lol.

2. thecraigc

thecraigc Regular member

get "suspended permanantly" or however u spell it

3. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

Well yes or whatever.I'm not going to break the forum rules just to get banned though.I haven't in my 1400 posts here and am not going to now.So there is no other way to close your account I take it?

Well maybe before I leave I should visit the feedback and suggestion forums and suggest them to make a way to close your account.

4. ireland

ireland Active member

the thecraigc read this,as your in violation of the site rules

as your Signatures is to big

its 353562 in size get it under 50k..

Signatures

These rules exist to make viewing the forum as pleasant as possible to all users. Even though you might think signatures with large pictures look cool, some might find them extremely annoying.

1. Text-only signatures should have at most 5 lines of text.

2. An image-only signature should be less than 50kb in size, and be at most 500 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall.

3. If you use an animated picture in the signature, it should not be too distractive. Eg. blinking images or images with quick movement are not allowed.

4. If you want to use both text and image in your signature the image should not be more than 500 pixels wide and 100 pixels tall, and you can use up to three lines of text.

5. All the abovementioned rules for forum posts apply also to the signatures.

Violation of these rules does not lead to an immediate ban. However if requested user must edit his or her signature to fit these guidelines.

Administrative actions

Messages that break any of the rules above can be removed or edited by the moderators and administrators of these forums. Even if something isn't specifically mentioned in the rules, it doesn't mean that it would be permitted. It is up to the moderators and administrators to determine what is appropriate and what is not.

Users who willfully violate the forum rules can be banned by the moderators and administrators.

revised 11/21/2005

5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@tycobb

PM a MOD tell him your problem and he could probably disable your PM and shout box activity. That way you could still post. I must admit I don't know if that is possible. Maybe they could ban the offender's IP address?

6. face123

face123 Regular member

The offender has an IP scrammbler(or whatever its called you get the picture) i think.

7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@tycobb

PM a MOD. I'm sure they can help you without banning. I posted an hour ago on this thread and so if it shows a double post it's ad's fault.

8. thecraigc

thecraigc Regular member

@ ireland -- wow, jusus that big!

i'll make a new 1 now

**EDIT** couldn't be bothered making a new 1, so i just put my old 1 back on

Last edited: Jul 23, 2006
  9. ireland

ireland Active member

thecraigc

thanks

10. rav009

rav009 Active member

Seeing as ireland's here he can ban you, ask him really nicely and he will do the honor's tycobb :)

Bye bye I guess, its sad to see that your taking the coward's way out and leaving because your afraid of a banned member coming to your shoutbox.

I haven't either and no you wouldn't just get a warning, if you do somthing outrageous you'd be banned on the spot, garunteed because no one round here gets any special treatment tycobb, I've seen it happen in many occasions.

In your 1400 post's since you registered recently on the 20th of May 2006 you should've know that.....

Feel free to go away, but you'd be doing something stupid, as far as I know your a god guy, the Internet need's more of people like you, not less...

Whatever you decide to do, good luck with it mate.

11. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@rav009

Yeah we need a lot like god!! LMAO

How's it going rav? Wonder who razzing the guy?

12. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

It's not really a coward thing.I have confronted this member a bazillion times beleive me he doesn't scare me.However it's disruptive to the rest of my friends here so if there was no tycobb then it would end it for good and we can both get on with life.I hate to see so many good threads closed because of little ole me(actually him but you know what I mean).

Closing it completely would also make sure he couldn't post on my shoutbox.I would just delete them I'm not stupid, but I just don't want to deal with it.I'm not blaming anyone or complaining about the site by any means.I've had some good times here and a few bad ones but I think my run is up.I enjoyed the thank you's for helping people espescially for the windows games forums.

I don't walk away with nothing beleive me.I have learned so much here.I now know about daemon tools,torrent software,burning,ripping,games galore,The list goes on and on.To learn so much in only a couple months shows how great this site really is.

There's no hard feeling's either.I wish good luck to all and even to the "guy".Hey he really want's to be here because he's had over a dozen accounts so He'll get his wish finally(for with me here he'll never last).

13. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Woah woah woah ty, what the hell man? Talk to me chief, send me a pm let's not get drastic. Things can be dealt with.

Good Lord, you're one of a very few in the console forums that isn't a full time pain in the ass to me. Don't make me hunt you down and glue your butt to your computer chair.

14. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

ok I'm going to pm ireland.

Thanks to :

timmy1970,svtstang,janrocks,airball,lexz,xyqo,anubis66,sully_2u,slim,the_ feind,face123,cantide,Nephilim,ddp,Ireland,Jizmak,mark5hs,dmanuz,oofrome,ty4ever,skater685,
    shauntay,lethal_B...etc I can't write em all but thanks to everyone.You all be cool.

@ireland I copied and pasted that info into notepad and am still reading it.It'll hopefully help me get my jaw spasms and tmj under control so thx.And thx for banning me lol.

15. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

Sorry neph lol I was still writing and unaware you posted at all.Nah actually It may make your life abit easier :)

16. rav009

rav009 Active member

Yup, tycobb, you've set a really good example for the others in the console forums to follow mate, leaving would be stupid.
    Not gonna try and convince you, but for your own good get it dealt with, I can see Neph's eager to help so why turn him down, he want's to ban him some console kiddie @$$! :)

I think this is all because of the rather pheadophilic comment you made in the "guy's" shoutbox aint it tycobb, we've discussed this in another thread.

"Look at the d**k on that kid, its huge, I mean he's all c**k, I see he takes after you (a joke ofcourse" or somthing along thoose lines.

He was offended by you saying that about his baby son, another member put it well when they said if you had said that in there shoutbox, they would have imformed the authorities, lol.

It was a joke, but its far too personal, don't joke about stuff like that in future, we know you were only being playful.
    The "guy" went WAY over line in doing what he did though, don't get me wrong...he has NO excuse.

And I know what your thinking, how do I know all this..you'll be suprised what I see when I'm prowling :)

@garmoon, Lol! & thing's have been going pretty well thank you for asking, busy with XS but when I have the time, I make sure to stick my nose in here at aD, which is quiet alot actually and with crazy stuff like this happening, I would'nt want to be anywere else on the internet :)

@Nephilim, Go get 'em!

/me fades into the shadow's to watch how the tycobb saga unfold's.

This site is just way to fun, where do you get drama like this?? WHERE?? Eastender's?? .....no, I <3 you AfterDawn.com!!! :D

17. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

That's the thing it wasn't about the stupid joke .One must remember That joke was a branch of another joke he made about me.

It wasn't the joke he just likes to whip that one out and make me look twisted and sick every time he gets his back against the wall.If you heard the things he said about me you would get why I did it.I always joke on peoples pics.Just look at the rather lewd things I said about janrocks animie pics.I always do that.

I have appologized 3 or 4 times for that and yet he has never appologized for what he said about me and my family,despite the fact that it was that that started the whole damn thing.

18. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I'm not going to ban you buddy. Take a breather, go on a few dates with the lovely blonde in your shoutbox then see what happens alright?

19. ireland

ireland Active member

tycobb
    like i suggested to you in the pm signup with another user name that know one will remember that its you as tycobb..............

let ye old user name rest,but keep it active.

like this one

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch,

and here is a sig pix for ye new user name

[​IMG]

This Welsh town on the island of Anglesey is only known due to the fact that it has a very long name, and is the longest railway station name in Britain, and probably the longest domain name in the world.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A403642

20. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

i am still fairly new here so can i ask what is a shoutbox?
    and while i am at it what does BTW mean?
    sorry for the nooby question.