1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW DO I CONECT FREE SAT TO MY HDD/DVD RECORDER

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by mick087, Dec 4, 2009.

1. mick087

mick087 Regular member

Im haveing a few problems and wonder if anyone can help.
    I have a LITEON LVW-5025GHC+ HDD DVD recorder (80gb hard drive)
    I have conected mt nthell to this and can get all the analog chanels through the recorder but not the digital chanels.
    i have 2 boxes nthell with hardrive and a free sat box.
    I want to conect the free sat to record on the hard drive but carnt get the chanel on the recorder, its time i tune it i get nothing, yet when i tune in the nthell box i only get the analog channels,does anyone no what im doing wrong here.
    Also if i wanted to put a bigger hard drive into my recorder is this possible or not.
    All help would be great

2. piopat

piopat Active member

i assume your dvd recorder only has 2 scart sockets(so that is one scart input from the ntl box and one scart output to your tv)one answer would be buying an auto scart switch(you connect your satellite scart out to it and also your ntl box scart and that all connects to your dvd recorder scart input)you can view and record via the av button on your dvd recorder remote. when the ntl box is connected directly to the tv does it give you both analogue and digital if so you may have to go into the dvd menu and change the input to allow for a decoder or cable box(read the manual that came with it for instructions on connecting up a cable or satellite box to see what settings to change) i would say you could upgrade the hdd to a bigger size(but that may make your gaurantee null and void, i would take it to the shop where you bought it to have it upgraded so your gaurantee will still be intact.

3. mick087

mick087 Regular member

My tv as 2 scarts all the devices i have 2 scarts.
    I got myself a cheap auto scart switch and i can now go between the satilite and cable and record either, This may sound daft but it was only a matter of pressing the source button on my dvd to get the cable or satlite channel.
    Thanks for telling me about the auto scart switch all i need now is a good one with a remote.

4. car19

car19 Regular member

No direct digital recorder like a PVR will record via the scart sockets but if you are recording on to a DVD then select AV1 or AV2 on the recorder while watching the TV to see that every thing is correctly set up