1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I convert a kvcd to avi or VOB?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by denis2, Jan 15, 2005.

1. denis2

denis2 Member

hi

I have a movie which is a kvcd, the files include a bin and a cue. I tried extracting an mpeg using isobuster and got AVSEQ01.DAT.

I want to burn the movie for playback on my dvd player, how can I convert this file to VOB or to avi (and then to VOB)

thanks

2. budman316

budman316 Guest

hey buddy, use VCDGEAR, it will extract cub/bin, and dat files to mpeg files. very simple and a movie only takes 2 minutes to extract..

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX [bold] sorry, posting e-mail addresses is forbiddnd due to spammers..[/bold]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2005
  3. denis2

denis2 Member

Hi

Thanks, that's excellent! I got the film in under 2 mins. I have another file which is an mpeg and want to convert it to VOB or avi - do you know any software for that? I tried TMPeg Author but it would accept the file.

Cheers

4. budman316

budman316 Guest

try a program called AVS converter or a program called moviejack. Do a search with this : mpeg to avi (divx, xvid) or even goto divx.com, they have a program called divx dr or dr. divx something like 'dat...

Peace

5. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Tust ma, converting a middle/low quality movies to DVD is a loss of time and money... a movie's quality can only lower or remain constant after conversions...

6. budman316

budman316 Guest

really? i didnt know that if you covert like a vcd to dvd you lose even more quality in the pic?? i thought her was trying to convert to AVI like divx or something..