1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i convert an avi file to iso so i can watch it on a dvd-r

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by hippykllr, Feb 13, 2009.

1. hippykllr

hippykllr Guest

i downloaded a movie iso now i cant get it on a cd...how do i put it on a dvd-r so i can watch it? convert avi to iso

2. ferguj1

ferguj1 Regular member

Just burn the ISO to disk using ImgBurn. No conversion necessary.

3. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

4. hippykllr

hippykllr Guest

sorry i meant i downloaded a AVI file aNd i need to convert it .... sorry

5. ferguj1

ferguj1 Regular member

Then go with 7th's suggestion of using DVDFlick.

6. knfusd

knfusd Regular member

was reading this cause I have a question (hope I'm not hijacking this part of forum) but I'm doing tha same with a couple of avi files of the show Heroes. the guide says you can put a couple of titles as long as they are compatible. I tried to put 3 episodes on a dvd-r disk the total time was 2hrs 7min but all 3 shows didn't come out whole, but I did a movie with 2 parts that was over 2 and a half hrs long that came out fine. my question is can you only edit 2 parts or is there a way to do an episodical disk. (with more than two parts on a disc) And I apologize For doing wrong if I did!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  7. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

What does this have to do with DVD Rebuilder?

8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum

9. ferguj1

ferguj1 Regular member

A little more specificity would be beneficial. What program are you using (AutoGK or other)? When you say didn't come out whole what exactly was missing? How did you go about processing the files? The more detail you can provide, the better we can assist.

10. evnflow

evnflow Guest

i personally use VSO ConvertXtoDVD or for the freeware version VSO DIVXtoDVD for my tv shows..gives you a choice on menus and is pretty quick and easy on conversion/burning..

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2009
  11. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

You do not need to convert it to ISO. Use DVD Flick (just updated today) to convert to DVD compliant files and burn with ImgBurn.

12. knfusd

knfusd Regular member

Reply to evnflow: I used dvd flick to put 3 episodes on one disk, I really wasn't to concerned about a menu, just wanted the shows in order on the disk what happened was one time the third show wasn't completely there, the other time it cut out most of the first episode that I wanted on the disk completely put on second episode, and again only completed part of the third episode. As for processing I don't understand the flick guide doesn't say anything about processing any files

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  13. evnflow

evnflow Guest

that's cool..never used dvdflick before..i've generally stuck with vso for my conversions/burnings from avi to dvd..glad you got it worked out though..i just threw the menu option in there, so u could pick which episode you wanted to watch instead of having to watch the previous one if you wanted to watch a later episode..have to check out dvdflick, to see what it's all about..always good to have multiple video conversion/rebuild/shrink/burn programs..

update: just had a quick look at the guide by locoeng(at work so i can't really test it too much)..seems to be similar to the way vso is..a drag and drop program(which is always a plus in my book..haha)..much of the same settings..may have to download and try when i get home..so i can check out the speed differences between the two(usually can covert a full movie in 10-15 mins/burn in 5mins..have an intel core 2 quad core(2.66GHz) with 4gb ram)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2009