1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I convert DVD to Ipod Itunes faster than 6 hours? Please HELP!

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by datboytaz, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. datboytaz

datboytaz Member

I have tried dvdfab 5 & Videora to convert my movies into mpeg4 format to be able to put on my new ipod 80gb, but I dont like how it takes like 6 hours to convert just a hour & half movie. What I dont understand is if I go disk to disk it only take like 30 mins, but I just tried doing harold & kumar 2, first ripped to my comp then thru dvdfab 5 on mobile/ipod (also tried straight from the disk thru mobile/ipod) and it saying gonna take 2 hours at least. is there a best fast setting i should have it on like what should the fixed bitrate or the frameresolution be? I know its only going to an Ipod 80gb so i know it doesnt have to be a super high resolution. my comp is actually pretty old, not even dual core, but dont see why I can burn fast but not convert fast. amd athlon 1600+ 1.41ghz 512mb ram win xp sp2 Can anyone suggest a faster or better program to use, preferably free. Why cant I use anydvd & clonedvd like I do to make the movies? Thanks for your time, have a good one.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  2. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Just noticed you multi posted. Not cool. Multi posts are not allowed.

3. SProdigy

SProdigy Regular member

It's likely your PC. My 2 year old 1.8ghz Core 2 Duo setup doesn't take that long to convert with DVDFab Platinum. To get NTSC quality Xvids it takes about as long as the runtime of the movie. For an iPod, significantly less, especially if you only do 1 pass.

4. datboytaz

datboytaz Member

sorry didnt think the other went through asked for it to be deleted

5. datboytaz

datboytaz Member

anyone that can tell me if my comp is too old or slow? or is it the settings I'm using?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  6. datboytaz

datboytaz Member

come on I could really use some help on this please

7. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

I just did Doomsday (already ripped and shrunk) and put the settings for audio: 128kbs; dimensions: 720x340; a nearly 2 hour movie took me just over 1 hour. If you reduce the settings, especially dimensions, it will take considerably less time to do. It just takes time.

8. datboytaz

datboytaz Member

are you using dvdfab to rip to your comp? and then using dvdshrink to make it smaller, then run it back thru dvdfabs mobile/Ipod option to put on itunes? I know you put the resolution down because its such a small screen doesn't need to be that high, but what about the fixed bitrate, what should that be set @?

9. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

I had used my usual process of dvdfab> fixvts> dvd shrink before I ran it thru the 'mobile' option. I left the fixed bitrate alone. Movie came out to 1.19GB. You can adjust the settings (even the file size) to make the file smaller. You can experiment with it to find out what suits you.

10. datboytaz

datboytaz Member

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  11. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Are you multi tasking while using dvdfab, as that will slow it down.

You just have to figure out what works best for you. Even if you have to make the resolution smaller, remember it's shrinking it from a much larger file to fit your dimensions.

12. datboytaz

datboytaz Member

no I'm not running anything else, not surfing, only other thing on is zonealarm suite. IDK, gonna just have to play around I guess, but think its funny how takes a lil bit of time to go disk 2 disk but forever to go to ipod conversion. Thanks for your time, have a good one.

13. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Multipost closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.