1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I convert .iso to .exe

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by exn5303, May 19, 2007.

1. exn5303

exn5303 Member

Im not sure if its .exe or not but i need to convert an iso file to an application that i can open. or do i just need to download a different program to be able to run it.

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

what is it? an iso file is just an image of a CD or DVD. Is it a game, a movie, or what?

3. exn5303

exn5303 Member

its a program. originally it was in .rar format so i downloaded winrar and that converted it to iso. what do i need to do to be able to use the program?

4. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Do you mean you downloaded a rar archive, and you extracted an iso file from that archive? If so the answer is probably "use it to burn a CD-ROM or DVD-ROM".

Alternatively, open it with WinRAR (which can handle iso files) and see what's inside.

5. exn5303

exn5303 Member

well my friend gave me a program on a cd and i saved it onto my computer then opened with winrar and it extracted an iso file out of it.

6. exn5303

exn5303 Member

ok nevermind thanks for the help. before i just used winrar to extract the files but after you mentioned open with i did that and it worked perfectly thanks again. and while ur still checking this since i already have a thread going do you know what program i need to extract audio from a video and put it in mp3 or aac or something i can put on a cd and play in a regular cd player?

7. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

What kind of video format are you talking about?

8. exn5303

exn5303 Member

its in mpeg4. it was a video taken on a digital camera then put on a cd then on my computer. and i want to pull the audio from it. is that possible with any freeware or would i need som big expensive program?

9. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

If you have suitable codecs installed, ie if you can view the files in (for example) Windows Media Player, you can load each video in turn into Virtualdub, which is free, then you can save the audio from each video as a WAV file, (same format as Audio CD), and as long as the total time is shorter than 74 minutes, you could burn them to an audio CD.

Otherwise Google for "Wav to mp3 converter software", and pick one of the many free apps out there.

10. exn5303

exn5303 Member

Thanks alot for all your help.