1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I convert .mpg to mpeg2 or .iso

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by xCrowsx, Mar 17, 2005.

1. xCrowsx

xCrowsx Newbie

I have a video capture card and it captures the video in mpeg1 formatt. Need advise on what program to use to convert into .mpeg2 or .Iso so that I can burn A dvd viewable in most dvd players. I use dvd+r media 8x
    and verbatim dvd+r 16x

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

you wouldn't want to convert to iso format, as that is an image file, not a type of video format.

we do however have many guides with step by step instructions on how to convert various video files to be burnt to DVDs. you will want to start with TMPGEnc.

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/

3. xCrowsx

xCrowsx Newbie

I have TMPGenc. reason I was asking about converting to .iso is because of the compability it has with other programs especially shrink. But thanks for your reply to the post, I would like to know which format do you think works the best for burning DVD'S. I have some .mpg that I convert to mpeg2, and know want to burn a DVD viewable from most DVD players any ideas that you know work would be great, Thanks

4. djscoop

djscoop Active member

well iso files are image files, so do you want to make an image, or burn directly to DVD? If you want to burn a viewable DVD, TMPGENC and TMPGENC DVD Author should work, however there are several programs that will work. check out the guides section

5. xCrowsx

xCrowsx Newbie

Hey, thanks again.. and by the way the sign on your post is very true. Personally I believe Bush is an alcoholic with a gun......I think we can still say that .....lol

6. djscoop

djscoop Active member

no prob...I hear ya on that