1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i convert Xvid files to Avi, Div3, DivX or MPEG without losing the quality of both video and audio?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Sdarts, May 19, 2003.

1. Sdarts

Sdarts Guest

How do i convert Xvid files to Avi, Div3, DivX or MPEG without losing the quality of both video and audio?
    I don't care about the size, as long as i can keep the quality.

2. IMRANmel

IMRANmel Regular member

why do u wish to convert the xvid film to divx the quality is the same
    xvid are usually converted to avi so thats already done so is div x
    i need to know the reason u wish to convert xvid to divx please?
    only then can i think of giving an answer

3. angelitto

angelitto Member

i dont know why somebody else might want to convert an xvid file to divx, but i can tell you why i need it - although every player i got plays the xvid smoothly (needed radium mp3 codecs but that was easy), i had the great idea of downloading the subs for the movie.. Subviewer simply *refuses* to play the video/sub queue no matter what i do. so just coz i already watched zillions of movies with subviewer and they were *not* xvid files, and they played like bliss, i thought if the movie is in divx format subviewer might surpass itself in a hollywood-style supernova and play my lil' movie...

4. angelitto

angelitto Member

i dont know why somebody else might want to convert an xvid file to divx, but i can tell you why i need it - although every player i got plays the xvid smoothly (needed radium mp3 codecs but that was easy), i had the great idea of downloading the subs for the movie.. Subviewer simply *refuses* to play the video/sub queue no matter what i do. so just coz i already watched zillions of movies with subviewer and they were *not* xvid files, and they played like bliss, i thought if the movie is in divx format subviewer might surpass itself in a hollywood-style supernova and play my lil' movie...

5. angelitto

angelitto Member

ooops! that's what happens when u use opera :p