1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I copy and burn dvd-rw to dvd+rw

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by easybut, Sep 4, 2004.

1. easybut

easybut Member

My XP (Home) combo drive only supports dvd+ and I have a dvd-rw which it reads and I want to somehow copy onto a dvd+rw disc. Can this be done? If so how? I have tried a a bit of home video with nero and the quality became awful, roxio wont support it because it recognises the file against the recorder. What should I do? Ta

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Well .... Microsoft doesn't make any "combo drives". How about you tell us the make and model of your burner?

Nero and Roxio tend to fight with each other. Some are able to run both with no problems, but others can't have both on their pcs. I recommend uninstalling both, pick one (recommend Nero), and re-install.

Now to your dvd-rw ... what is it? A dvd backup or a personal video? The format shouldn't matter, it's whether you can successfully rip the data from your -RW.

3. easybut

easybut Member

My combo drive dvd+ drive is a built-in one. I just need to know the procedure on how to get from a dvd-rw to a dvd+rw. Do I have to rip it or something, or re-author it? Or do I need to introduce a new tool to resolve this problem for me. I have nero which I have tried and it generally fails, once it worked after I just copied it from the disk copy and paste onto my HD but then the picture went fuzzy and somehow later the original disk became corrupted.

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

You said your computer CAN play the -RW. So all you need to do is open Nero and use the disc copy feature. It should read the -RW which shouldn't be encrypted, and then burn back to the +RW blank. I don't see any problem unless the -RW has corrupt data and Nero won't read it.

Jerry

5. flip218

That is a better description that your first one .... so you have an internal drive. Sorry to sound so picky but when it comes to problems, the details count.

Have you tried Nero's disc copy?

6. flip218

Jerry,

You beat me to it :)

7. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi Flip, I get a lucky one in first sometimes.

Jerry

8. flip218

Yea, my darn kids interrupted me :)

Ha .. I've now tied and gagged them, so no more interruptions :)

9. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I married my daughter off and sent her to another state to get her out of my hair. Just kidding, she was never a problem. She and her husband are both programmers for a big company in Ohio.

Jerry

10. easybut

easybut Member

Well in the end I was able to burn it. The 1st attempt just showed a folder on my screen which I was unable to play. The 2nd attempt I decided to open the files inside the VIDEO TS folder and add them that way. That is when it worked.