1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i copy mini dvd+rw to a regular dvd

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by Dodger11, Sep 18, 2007.

1. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

I don't have N-ero 8. I was trying to find out how many tracks it has for video editing. My Roxio has 34 or 35 track, and it makes it nice for adding text to different parts of a photo or video and doing Brady Bunch type of intros.

I was hoping the N-ero was going in the direction of video editing. I want to try the version 8, but only if it isn't as limited as previous versions. Version 6 only has 3 tracks, and I am not sure that version 7 had more.

2. Dodger11

Dodger11 Member

just try the trial,i actually liked it and i believe its better than 6

3. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Thanks, I may download it to see what it has.

4. PSikes

PSikes Member

Wow!
    This thread seems to address exactly what I'm trying to accomplish also. Thank you so much for the contributions. Hopefully I'll get this to work also. A couple of newbie questions.
    1. I own Nero 7.0. I've tried unsuccessfully to combine several of the small dvd's that my camera uses onto larger 4.7 DVD's. It cooks for 15 minutes, finally coming up with a failure. I think it's Nero, but of course they failed to included an instruction manual with the program. Very frustrating. My "target" disk was a plain jane DVD-R. I'm wondering if Nero doesn't format the DVD's before attempting it's write funtions.
    2. Using the approach outlined here seems to make sense. That is, first convert the "VOB" files to "AVI" files. Then combine the AVI's using Media Player or Nero. Can I then take that combined AVI file, and turn it back into a DVD that will be read/played on any DVD player later?
    3. What about all those other files on the DVD's? TOB, IFO, BUP? Can I empty all these little DVD's onto my Computer hard drive, even though all the video file folder are named exactly the same (VIDEO_TS)? How do I get around this? Should I delete everything but the VOB files, renaming them in the process?

Thanks again.

Peter

5. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

I can't answer question 1, because I don't use N-ero for video work.

2. You could try the comined .avi file in N-ero. I can combine the .VOB files directly, in Roxio.

3. Make separate folders for each of the miniDVD's you are copying to your hard drive.

6. vamsilak

vamsilak Regular member

hey dodger
    all u trying to do is all minis to one 4.7 or 8.5 disck

since u have dvdshrink download all ur mini's to a file and open with shrink click on reauthor opeb the file choose the mini file

add it toshrink and go to open second mini and add

one u done backup and save it another folder
    and tehn burn

7. Dodger11

Dodger11 Member

really im going to have to try that.

8. PSikes

PSikes Member

Dodger,
    If you're still using Nero, it'll work. The trick is, at least for me, is to first copy all those little dvd's to an image file on your pc. Once you've compiled them all into one image file (of less than 4.5G, so it'll fit onto a 4.7 dvd), then you simply burn from the image file.
    Nero does have a utility that is supposed to let you copy directly from multiple dvd's, but I wasn't able to get that to work. Probably a hardware issue with my 'puter. But once you get them onto the hard drive, it works flawlessly. Nero's user's manual provides a step-by-step instruction. I must have freed up about 15 of those little dvd-r/w's, that I can now use to record more useless family events. Anybody want some free vids of a german shepherd rolling in the snow?

9. Dodger11

Dodger11 Member

thanks for the info guys. now my question is how do i get theem in to one image file?