1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i disable the data plan in an iphone 3g?

Discussion in 'iPhone - General discussion' started by JJBro1, Jun 13, 2009.

1. JJBro1

JJBro1 Member

I just bought an iphone today and was very excited about it. The man set everything up but not once did he mention anything about a data plan to me or my mom. I called my friend and told him that i got an iphone and he told me "Good luck with that extra $30." I asked him what he meant and he told me that the iphone requires an extra $30 a month for the data plan. I asked my mom if our plan is the same as it was before and she said it is. I asked her if we can go on the internet with the iphone and she said no and that we would be charged for that. Right now im freaking out because we just found out that i went over my minutes and the last thing we need is something else to pay for. Is there anyway i can still use the iphone without being charged for the data? I don't mind not having the internet, i have wifi at home but i like the features of the iphone like the touchscreen, apps, well organized text and voice mail and all that other stuff. Is there a way i can jailbreak/unlock/hack it so i can get a free data plan?

2. wabashman

wabashman Active member

go back to the store and have them cancel the data package part. they will probably blow you some crap about how you cannot do this, but believe me you can. had a good friend and his wife cancel both of their data plans so they could save some money. as for free data plan, i do not think so.

3. runezerg

runezerg Regular member

like wabashman said, just get the store to take out the dataplan. They have to do it
    i bought mine from some store in a mall and then a week later i got them to remove the data plan
    as well, if u just wana use wifi at ur house ur gonna have to call ur service provider for that
    call the your SP and then tell them you want to block internet usage
    once they do it, the only way your net on iphone will work is if your using ur wifi =D

4. JJBro1

JJBro1 Member

why do i have to call my isp to block the internet? I thought the only person i need to talk to is att

5. bakerster

bakerster Member

he means call att and block internet usage