1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I do framerate conversion in CCE SP 2.7? (Sync Issues)

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by georgeluv, Jul 17, 2007.

1. georgeluv

georgeluv Regular member

ok, this prog is all fancy and stuff, but how the hell do i make it convert something from 23fps or 25fps to 29fps?

i ticked "29" in the options for output, but after the ultra fast convesion it was too short, audio didnt match. i rip the audio separate and build the ts folders with dvdauthor1.6

i am very new to this prog, i cant believe it can convert a xvid avi to mpv in 35 minutes, thats just nutty.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  2. MysticE

MysticE Active member

You should provide more details, your statement is too general.

But generally by default, CCE uses the framerate of the source. I would leave it do that. Note the framerate then use DGPulldown to make the resultant vid file 29.97 (NTSC) which it seems you want. The file will be exactly the same size/length and should then match up with your audio file.

3. georgeluv

georgeluv Regular member

i encoded a 23 fps video with the "29" checked, and it just made it shorter and not match the audio. i re encoded it with "23" checked and it came out fine. i burned the dvd and it worked, i gues my real question is can ntsc spec dvds play 25fps video?

4. MysticE

MysticE Active member

CCE in that case will use it's pulldown when a fps of 23.97 is detected (as will HCenc), but not for 25fps. Check the resultant file in GSpot and see if it's now 29.97.

Forcing the fps like that will do what you noted. There are just so many frames, you ran thru them quicker. You could get the audio to match by adjusting it's time/length the same amount (it would have to be shortened). A program like Goldwave can do this.

NTSC spec is 29.97. If you encode a 25fps source at 25fps you would then use DGPulldown to make it 29.97, you'll note that your resultant vid file will still remain the same size/lemgth/running time so the audio will sync up correctly. This is the best way to handle 25fps sources.

One reason ConvertXtoDVD has much fewer audio sync problems than Nero is due to the fact that it always uses pulldown for any non 29.97 source (you can see it in the log box), Nero does not.

5. georgeluv

georgeluv Regular member

well i JUST started using avisynth last night to try to actualy get use out of this 2000 dollar software, and its very confusing.

i guess the filters i need are the resize filter, the boarders filter, and the framerate conversion filter.

i tried out the folowing script last night:

AviSource ("e:\.....\myvideo.avi")

Lanczos4Resize(680,440)

^i have overscan issues on my big tv cause its old, thats why i need the boarder filter too. that script makes the mpv come out the correct size that i want it but the video is all scrambled. trying to learn how to use this program by yourself is hard, even with all the documentation.

6. MysticE

MysticE Active member

7. georgeluv

georgeluv Regular member

thanks for the tip thats a great prog, anything that simple for any of the other filters in anisynth? like for the noise and ghosting and whatnot?