1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I enable automatic Burning with Nero 6.6.1.4 and Shrink 3.2.0.15

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by DrMac447, Mar 16, 2006.

1. MovieDud

MovieDud Guest

@binkie7, Hey, just wanted to ask you if you prefer Shrink over Recode 2? I use Recode 2 only second to Rebuilder Pro and right alongside ClonDvd 2, but I have been toying with Shrink and wondered what you prefer? I know speed wise that Recode 2 is quicker, but beyond that what else. Also do you have the older version of Nero 6.6.0.18 which allows you to burn automatically?
    Thanks
    MovieDud

2. catfreak

catfreak Active member

@ Extreme11 .. you said  
     You are going to have to make a choice here .. Nero and Roxio do NOT get along together very well at all .. you need to rid your computer of one or the other .. having them both on your computer together can cause all sorts of conflicts ...

3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@Extreme 11

Before removing Roxio completely from you system, try removing InCD from the Nero suite. I have had Roxio Creator 7 installed with Nero minus InCD for over 2 yrs and there have been no conflicts. I guess I'm lucky because not many keep both progs. I still use the sound editor in Roxio for mp3s. I also sometimes use the Roxio copy CD and DVD programs just for a change. JM2C.

Neither program is set to start with boot up. So they are never running together.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2006
  4. catfreak

catfreak Active member

5. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@MovieDud
    I use CloneDVD the most out Clone, Recode and Shrink. But usually the largest TV I watch the movies on is like 37". I try to keep the compression no lower than 65% and I don't see much difference quality wise.
    I normally do the full movie (like the menus for some odd reason) and keep whatever special features I want - though I normally never watch them :)
    To me at least Recode and Shrink are a toss up. 2 things Recode does that Shrink doesn't is more than 1 copy and it will only store the files temporarily.
    I'll probably use Shrink occasionally til it can no longer be used. I do use the 6.6.0.18 on 1 pc and another one w/ 6.6.1.4 I use decrypter to autoburn.

6. catfreak

catfreak Active member

Quality-wise yes, it's a wash ... but Recode is much faster than Shrink

As far as the Nero versions .. I use the latest Package 2 version of Nero Ultra Edition but, only the next to last version of Package 1 ... I don't have any of the other packages on my system anymore ...

7. binkie7

@catfreak
    What kind of time difference do you get between the 2? Recode - full movie say 70% compression takes about 25 mins approx. Shrink same pc & same deal approx 35 mins. I'm too hyper + my kid usually wants it NOW so I end up opting for Clone or Recode.

8. catfreak

catfreak Active member

I run 2 passes with each program .. and the time really depends on which PC I use (I have 4) but with my really fast rig I can use Recode2 to shrink/burn 8GB to 4.321GB (with 2 passes) in 15-20 minutes while Shrink (set at maximum sharpness and with deep analysis checked) in no less than 35 minutes and usually closer to 45 minutes ... the maximum sharpness adds maybe 5-10 minutes to the process

The BEST program that I've found is ICOPYDVDs2 ... it gives an excellent picture even when shrinking huge movies ... like the LOTR films ... The way that I check quality is to play them on a big screen (45") and zoom the picture to it's maximum ... you can see any artifacts that way ...

9. binkie7

hmmm may have to check out ICOPYDVDs2 - not too interested in upgrading to Nero 7 right now.
    Your times blow me away - I only do 1 pass w/ no quality enhancements set!

10. catfreak

catfreak Active member

I burn at max on that PC with a BenQ DW1640 ... typical times with another PC (the one I'm on now) are maybe 40 minutes with Recode2 and close to an hour with Shrink, again with max quality enhancements ... and, on my business PC ... ha ha ha .. I'm embarrassed to even tell you 'cuz it's a real piece -- I lease the POS from my wife ...

11. MovieDud

MovieDud Guest

Thanks binkie and catfreak for your thoughts and experience using the variety of progs. I watch movies on a 55 inch 16X9 HDTV and using two different Dvd players (One Denon and the other Sony) both provide an amazing picture and so quality is vital to me, my times using CloneDvd 2, Recode 2 and shrink will vary. Thanks again for the input. Have a good evening.
    MovieDud

12. tanyaj77

tanyaj77 Member

Thanks for your help. I did this and reinstalled the earlier version of nero. But now I have another problem. It seems as though uninstalling nero also uninstalled my DVD43 program which can no longer be downloaded anywhere. I'd really like to keep this program and also get the non buggy nero version. Any advice?

13. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

14. binkie7

@tanyaj77
    If you really want dvd43 - here's a link:
    http://www.dvd43.com/
    As garmoon said AnyDVD is much better but not free.
    For package 1 and package 2 of the Nero version that you want the links are on page 1 and again on page 2 of this thread.

editted: fix link

Last edited: Apr 22, 2006
  15. Extreme11

Extreme11 Member

Hi Guys,

I removed the ROXIO and even removed and reinstalled Shrink but it still would not autoburn with Nero. Yes I did check that NERO was enabled. I downloaded 6.6.0.18 again but Shrink still will not allow me to chose a burner! This is one of reasons I bought a new computer, so I could burn efficiently. Funny thing is I told a friend about it, went to his place, installed it and all worked fine!!! but not my luck :-( What do I check next? I know some one here has the answers. I am amazed at how much you know.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2006
  16. binkie7

17. warrior7

warrior7 Guest

Nero 7 has solved the problems with DVDShrink....works without any problems..just burned several backups of my DVD library using DVDDshrink and Nero 7.....

18. jspdvd

jspdvd Member

posted in another thread on this site but my nero 6.6.? said there was a known incompatability with win xp so I downloaded the update now i have 6.6.1.4 i think now my incompatibility error is fixed but of course i have the trf error after using shrink. so i just open nero recode select my folder where the movie is and everything comes out fine I wonder if modifying a path statement in shrink would fix this and second question If i go back to the old version of nero how would i fix my incompatibality error with win xp without upgrading to 6.6.1.4

19. d_e_e_z

d_e_e_z Guest

whats a good format to nero transcode faster ? mpeg ?

20. binkie7

Hi jspdvd
    I don't think there is a imcompatibility w/ 6.6.0.18 and xp. Running xp sp2 & no problem here - even with early versions.
    Which version of Nero 6 were you using?
    Try uninstalling (write you key down)- run the clean tools then install 6.6.0.18.
    Or you can auto burn w/ decrypter if you what the almost 1 click process like Shrink/Nero. You would just pick something like 'burn iso w/ dvd decrypter' under target device in shrink.
    You can dl it here if you need it:
    http://www.mrbass.org/dvdrip/

@d_e_e_z
    Your best bet is to post what you are trying to do in the nero forum - converting from what file type for ex. This thread deals w/ shrink autoburning w/ Nero not Nero Vision.