1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do I FIND ANOTHER Persons' IP Address?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by tripp, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tripp

tripp Member

Hi, I would like to know hw to track a youtube user's IP. I know it's possible because they say that is how they found Lonelygirl15. I don't know much about this stuff, but i will appreciate any answer. Thanks to those who help.

2. seb32

seb32 Regular member

You'd have to have them go to a website of yours which would log their ip. You could use Freewebs to set up a free site, but then you'd need to convince them to go to the site, and you'd need to write a script that would log their ip.

3. tripp

tripp Member

thanks so much....those are words i can understand...but is that the ONLY WAY? and if so could you direct me to a site which explains how to make a script that does this?..again thanks for the answer.

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

In short, unless you hack youtube, there is no surefire way for you to get that IP.

5. tripp

tripp Member

well i've seen others do this...not hack yt but hack an account AND find ip of a user...

6. seb32

seb32 Regular member

Yes, I believe lonelygirl was found because the YouTube people helped...

You could "hack" the YouTube account by guessing the password, hacking the e-mail then resetting the password, etc. but that wouldn't help you get their ip...

7. tripp

tripp Member

you mean by brutus?..i know this one guy who went on a rampage hacking a BUNCH of accounts in a week..so idk. but do you know a good site to learn to make the ip logging script you mentioned?

8. seb32

seb32 Regular member

I'd suggest using Java's InetAddress. Here is a page on the java site about how it works: http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/net/InetAddress.html#getLocalHost()

This just returns the IP value, you'd then need some more code to write this to a file or send it to a server or e-mail. You'd then just put this code in the header of the HTML documents, and host it somewhere, and you're good to go.

9. tripp

tripp Member

thanks seb you're alot of help...last time i asked a tech question nobody answered HAHA. nooooowwwwwww do you know how to use an ip address for MALICIOUS purposes? (6) i've heard of spamming using that person's ip so that their isp bans them or something. I'm not really an ass but this guy is really bothering me...he works for Warner bros and is hired to search yt vids and remove them. He's pretty much a loser who gives me "priority deleting" if you know what i mean..because of him i can't post the SIMPLEST THINGS that others have up for a LONG time. thanks alot for your help tho :D

10. seb32

seb32 Regular member

You could make another YT account... As for using the IP, there's not that much that I know of about using IPs

11. tripp

tripp Member

well i'm a bit popular with a 400 friends and 800subs..plus i upload my vids on fake accounts which i will no longer use and put them in the favorites section of my main account...this way they're no strikes against the main one...smart eh?

12. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

tripp, you sound like a rule-breaking hacking dorky kind of person. I believe it against the rules of this forum to ask for help to perform acts of malicious sabotage.

Reported.

13. tripp

tripp Member

do what you want loser if you had the same problem i had then you would be asking the same question...damn where did all these STUCK UP PPL COME from?!

14. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

Oh, I'd say the side of the forum where people obey enough rules to make it past junior members...you know, the side that actually read the little contract you agreed to when you created an account and hencefore abided by that agreement...ring any bells?

15. tripp

tripp Member

well if afterdawn lets a stuck up guy like that be a Senior Member then im in the wrong PLACE..i thought this was the internet where you get to learn EVERYTHING not some classroom where you're limited by the teacher

16. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

This isn't a classroom, this is an internet forum. You can say pretty much whatever you want, given it's within the limits of the rules. The rules forbid any hacking bullshit.

Let's do this like you might see in math class:

Afterdawn + hacking discussion = broken rules

Broken rules + mod = closed thread

(Broken rules)(n) = member banned, where n = a given number of incidents.

17. seb32

seb32 Regular member

Nice one aus, convert it to a mathematical formula to make it easier to understand ;-)

Yeah tripp, asking questions about ips and stuff is okay, but when you get into the "malicious purposes", you're outside the rules. Read the rules again (or for the first time), and get an understanding of what exactly is and isn't allowed here. We want to help, but abiding by the rules is always the first priority.

18. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@tripp
    First read the rules.
    Second we not here to help you w/ malicious attacks.
    Third most of us wouldn't have the same problem as you cause we won't upload copy protected material to YouTube for the world to see.

And lastly - have some common sense. Warner already has their eyes on you and probably knows more about you then you can even imagine. And now you post on a public forum on how to attack them - brilliant move.
    Guess what - the internet is not anonymous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.