1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I find out mother board details

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by Ddams, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Ddams

Ddams Member

Merry Xmas

Through reading some forums here I went ahead and checked the display properties and changed them to 32 (800 X 600) and reduced the acceleration in the advanced troubleshoot to one step towards none and the refresher to 72 (from 75) and I was able to get images. Butthe videos dont stream well they move like it is a slow motion. they stattle as if the computer is really overloaded with many opened programmes.

Windows media player is not able to play dvd and
    there is no yellow mark anywhere in the divice manager.

Thanks and Merry xmas

Ps. Why is it that I fail to find my updated threads sometime.

2. darkflux

darkflux Regular member

well, the Matrox Millennium II is an older model (1997 when i looked it up), perhaps it just can't handle the DVD technology (which coincidentally was finalized in 1996). also, the 4MB memory listed in your previous post is not very much for a video card. even most modern integrated video motherboards come with at least 32MB, and my 2 year old AGP card has 256MB!
    something else interesting: according to this document, the HP Vectra VL420 should've come with a video card that's alot more powerful than the Matrox one you mentioned.

did you remove another card to put the Matrox one in, or did you happen to get this PC second-hand (read: used)? if so, this could explain the lower speed rendering...

P.S., i've been having the same problem with all posts not displaying immediately. must be their server or something...

Last edited: Dec 24, 2006
  3. Ddams

Ddams Member

Thanks alot darkflux

You have really said what I think is the cause. because i really think this computer should do better. this card may be was iserted in the pci slot after the origal one died. She bought this pc just recently at Utrect Netherlands in a big computer second hand market (HCC).

How do I help then.

4. darkflux

darkflux Regular member

well, since the card in it now is obviously an older model, i would recommend getting one of the cards on the chart in the pdf i posted previously, second-hand, at like ebay or something. the GeForce3 Ti200 seems to be the best one on the list, if you're cool with Nvidia.

5. Ddams

Ddams Member

Guys,
    Thanks for timely reply.
    At least I now know what the sickness is.
    I will not even have dig more in the computer to avoid more probs

Tho am a little knew I do not know how ebay works.

Merry X-mas everyone.

And darkflux have some rest. U deserve it.

6. darkflux

darkflux Regular member

http://pages.ebay.com/education/

here ya go, a little education never hurt anyone ;)

actually, i just checked eBay, and nobody's selling the card i mentioned... however :) check some of these out, most of them should be compatible. i recommend avoiding the MX series.

merry xmas!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2006