1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i get around a Component Transfer Error?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Feliziano, May 6, 2003.

1. Feliziano

Feliziano Guest

hey fellas i was backing up my pc game The Sims Deluxe,but when i was reinstalling to see if the backups work,i keep getting a component transfer error whenever i put in the 2nd cd as the installshield requests...i tried that Clony thing to scan the cd (haven't really gotten the hang of that yet lol) and it was safedisc2.7...so i know i used the Alcohol correctly...the first cd works and runs the game after its been installed but my problem is the 2nd backup cd wont install..any advice?..Thanks

2. Feliziano

Feliziano Guest

any professionals around? :)

3. Feliziano

Feliziano Guest

ok i know where my problem lies now..its in the 1st backup cd...i figured that out cause i installed the original 1st cd then used the No.2 backup and the game installed...any idea why the 1st backup isnt working?...i did everything correctly and i also tried that fireburning thing too...so what shall i try next?

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

it seems your first dics isnt backed up properly!

i would check the appropiate program needed for the job has all settings correclty done! but sorry i dont know these! also i think your burner needs to be a 2 sheep burner for safedisc 2.7?

the best person for help is SHOEY! hes pretty up on this new type safety encrption!

Thx.......

5. Feliziano

Feliziano Guest

yeah i realize the problem is with the first disc,but why is it getitng problems?...i successfully backed up my Sim city4 and Fifa 2003 with the Alcohol program...but i dont understand that component transfer error with the Sims Deluxe especially since its a kinda older title compared to simcity4...does the 2nd disc have any protection by the way and what setting should i use to burn that?..my hardware is a Lite-On LTR 40125S,Celeron 755mhz with 512 RAM...where are those hot shot mods? :)

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

Hello

This is very interesting! as you say you backed up sim city 4 and fifa, i wonder if clony is reading it wrong as there is safedisc 2.9 now and clony hasnt been updated latly? this may be your problem - try to find other games of safedisc 2.9 and see if this error is known on them and how they over come it!

Thx....

7. Feliziano

Feliziano Guest

Clony siad it was safedisc 2.7..saw other people say the same thing,also the 2nd cd as far as i can tell is just a data cd,therefore there aint even protection on it...this game also installs kinda differently...you put in the 1st cd then it stops at 95% then asks for the 2nd cd,downlaod the data files then asks again for the 1st disc then the other 5% is installed..so i took my original 1st cd and instaled it then slipped in my 2nd disc which was a backup,then i put in my backup of the 1st disc and it worked....but my problem is that i want to only use the backups to install and run the game,i dont want to use the originals...where's shoey and aldaco by the way?

8. Feliziano

Feliziano Guest

help..anybody around who knows bout this stuff...its safedisc2.7 cause its a slightly older game by the way

9. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Safedisc 2.7 is a breeze to backup if you own a "2 sheep burner" (EFM encoding). Usually in this case you have 1 cd that has the Safedisc cd protection and the other just an "install" disc. If you backed up Sim City 4 (Safedisc 2.8) with success as [bold] both [/bold] cd's are Safedisc 2.8.x protected, then you should have no troubles backing up The Sims Deluxe m8. I've read at many forums that DiscDump\FireBurner seems to be the more preferred method for backing up Safedis 2.8 and up. Why Alcohol 120% failed you< I dunno. Maybe try and slow the read image and write a bit m8.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/29452
    I must convince Rotary to purchase an Lite-On LTD 163/165/166 DVD-Rom as this bad boy bypasses atip and plays backups of the latest Safedisc 2.9 flawlessly (hehe).

Shoey :)___X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    http://www.afterdawn.com
    Forum Rules
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    ------------------------------------------------
    Mobo: KT4VL MSI-6712
    CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2.5
    Ram: 512 SD-DDR333
    HD: Maxtor ATA\133 80gi[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2003