1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i get dvd2xbox onto my xbox?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by jackprat, Oct 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wr6739

wr6739 Regular member

Where did you download it from, did you uncompress/unrar it.

2. betojss

betojss Member

so I downloaded it, and I have XBMP and I have it as my dashboard as well. I cannot get the dvd2xbox to work... like, when I go to "programs" I see the folder but nothing lunches or there is no executables in the folders or anything, am I doing something wrong? PLEASE HELP!

I also deleted everything in order to have xbmp as my default dashboar, so I lost my xbl account information and of course the dashboard and all the updates for halo. therefore I cant' play ntill I get the updates again AND I can't get the updates cuz I can't go to the content download screen... please help.

3. jackprat

jackprat Guest

i managed to get halo2 onto my xbox by having it in the drive and using smart ftp to transfer them all into the e/games drive and it works but theres a tiny hitch..theres no text at all,like none...
    none in the menu(i know my way about though)none in the game(like to pick up weapon hold x)no ammo number,no grenade count nothin...so whenever i try to transfer the font file it says transfer failed,i'v e tired everythin i can think of,but it doesn't work!!!

4. wr6739

wr6739 Regular member

Try cleaning your disc or use dvd2xbox.

5. jackprat

jackprat Guest

i dont have dvd2xbox on my xbox!!!when i extract the dvd2xbox .rar file it comes up witha few folders and files so what do i do from there

6. betojss

betojss Member

hey jack, I just figured it out. Grab those files and put them in your apps folder. E: drive or F: if you upgraded your hard drive. take care.

7. TECmaster

TECmaster Member

i downloaded DVDxbox to my xbox but its not working i downloaded it to the apps folder in the E: drive(zipped)and there is no app for it EDIT:but it says its the HD on my xbox

Last edited: Nov 17, 2005
  8. wr6739

wr6739 Regular member

You need to unzip it.

9. jackprat

jackprat Guest

hey ok but erm do i need to put them into another folder like dvd2xbox or just leave the 5 things in the apps folder,p.s what exactly do i name the folder apps,applications or capital letters n stuff?

10. wr6739

wr6739 Regular member

You need to put the files into one folder, named something like dvd2xbox07_1 in that folder you should these folders, acl, logs, Media, Patches, and skins. There should also be these files in the dvd2xbox07_1 folder, default.xbe, dvd2xbox.nfo, dvd2xbox.xml, and MakePPF3.exe. Then ftp the dvd2xbox07_1 folder to the apps section of your E, F, or G drive.

11. jackprat

jackprat Guest

OK COOL BUT ERM WHY THE 7_1 THING?

12. wr6739

wr6739 Regular member

You don't have to have that it just reminds you what version of dvd2xbox it is.

13. jackprat

jackprat Guest

hi i dont know what to call the apps drive asit wont work ive tried apps Apps applications Applications but none of them work,so it must be the file cos it says file not found and ive donwloaded it from two different places but it wont work.

14. wr6739

wr6739 Regular member

What drive are you putting the apps then dvd2xbox folder in. E, F? If you think its the file I can give you another link. Where did you download it from.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2005
  15. betojss

betojss Member

I think hddloader is so much easier

16. 5c4ry_0p

5c4ry_0p Member

Dude if im not mistaken hddloader is for the Playstation 2.So yea... dont mistake the forums kid

17. TECmaster

TECmaster Member

how do i unzip it???

18. wr6739

wr6739 Regular member

I think windows has a program that lets you unzip it, so just double click it. If not you can download a program like WinRAR.

19. TECmaster

TECmaster Member

i unzipped it and put it on my xbox reboted it and it still diddnt work

20. wr6739

wr6739 Regular member

All the files & folders that were extracted need to be in one folder, not just all thrown in the apps folder. What files were in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.