1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do I get my menu back?

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Mega-Hawk, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Mega-Hawk

Mega-Hawk Member

Hej again.

I just figured out how to download subtitels to a movie and put them on.
    Now I just have the next problem.

I was using thsi guide
    http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=135193
    It really works for me but when it is finish O only have the main movie not the menu or anything else...
    Is it not porsible to get back the menu and extra stoff thats on the dvd?

2. moonrocks

moonrocks Regular member

3. Mega-Hawk

Mega-Hawk Member

I have just quickly readet the guide but where is the big difference from this guide?

I mean as far as I can see both is about inserting subtitles but where do the part come where it include the menu's?

As I see it they only use different programs to the same work.

Any way I thought if it is posible to copy the files with the menu and the extra and just add some lines or chance some lines in the ifo file to get the same result?

Hope you know what I mean curse i think that the guide here use a lot of different programs to do allmost the same work that can be used with just 3 different programs.

4. moonrocks

moonrocks Regular member

"I mean as far as I can see both is about inserting subtitles but where do the part come where it include the menu's?"

Starting at Step 7, where the guide talks about VobBlanker. It's more work to keep the original menus which is why the guide uses more programs. Also, it's why I never bother with the menus when I'm adding subs.

5. Mega-Hawk

Mega-Hawk Member

hm... I just hate it when it is something I want to do and can't do it... do you have it the same way? ;)
    I think I will do as you and just skip the menu, but I really have to try make one dvd with subs and menu, but the problem is that I can't start vobblanker. It conflict with one of my programs so is there any alternative to vobblanker?
    And aint it porsible to make the new sub transparent?

6. moonrocks

moonrocks Regular member

I know that sometimes VobBlanker opens minimized on the toolbar. It looks like it didn't launch but it really did. Try right clicking on it and then maximize.

You should be able to set your sub colors in Txt2Sup. Also, DVDSubedit is good for changing the sub colors.

7. Mega-Hawk

Mega-Hawk Member

nah sorry but no it wont open.

When i right click down on the toolbar it only says move and close thats all :eek:/

8. moonrocks

moonrocks Regular member

My mistake. I meant to say "taskbar", the Windows Taskbar at the bottom. After you launch VobBlanker you don't see it minimized at the bottom of your screen? If that's the case then I don't know what's wrong then.

9. Mega-Hawk

Mega-Hawk Member

I'm going crazy...

I use this guide
    and this guide
    http://forum.videohelp.com/topic275603.html

Now i have 4 folders

1:eek:riginal
    2:demux
    3.remuxed
    4reauthored

1 is the original movie works fine.
    2 is my 3 demux files (VTS_02_080.ac3 - VTS_02_0.m2v and new.sup)
    3 is my remuxed movie with my own addet subtitles on. plays fine and work fine but without a menu :eek:/
    4 is the complete movie with menu but without my subtitle

So here comes my problem
    I follow the last guide from step 7.

Step 7, 8 and 9a i no problem but then it comes at 9b.

"-from the guide-"
    b) Open the VTS_TS.IFO from the "reauthored" directory. Go to the same place and modify the values to match the
    information from remuxed video, by double clicking on the item you want to change. If the number of subtitles
    were reduced, you can zero out the removed subs. Click on Save button and answer yes when it asks to save .BUP
    file as well.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

i open VTS_TS.IFO from the reauthored movie
    Go to VMG_VTS_ATRT -> then VTS_1: Number of sub-picture streams in title (VTSTT_VOBS) 0

Why do it not stand 1 or 2 or more?
    next line is emty
    and the next line is VTS 2

So can any one please tell me what I do wrong here i'm going crazy

10. toaddub

toaddub Regular member

That guide is a bit old. You don't have to follow step 9 using IfoEdit. Latest version (2.1.3.0) of VobBlanker has a setting under Replacing section to do it for you.

If your remuxed movie is correctly muxed, seeing the added subtitles, AND the original movie does not have any existing subtitles, place check marks to ALL "Copy .... from replacing IFO" options, Apply, Close, then follow the Replace procedure.

11. moonrocks

moonrocks Regular member

I just tried it using toaddub's suggestion and it worked very nicely. Makes it much easier than doing step 9 from the guide. Use the guide all the way up to Step 8. I used VOBEdit and IFOEdit to demux and mux only because I am used to them. But PGCDemux and Muxman should work fine.

I had a PAL DVD with Menus, extras, but no subtitle streams at all on the original DVD. So I was adding a new subtitle, not replacing one. I had 4 folders, original, demux, remuxed and reauthored but I made a 5th folder, reauthored2 for the last step with VobBlanker.

Instead of step 9, start VobBlanker. As toaddub says, you have to make some changes to VobBlanker. Settings, More Settings, then under Replacing, put a check in all the options that end in "from replacing IFO". Apply, Close.

Input, browse to the Video_ts.ifo from the reauthored folder. I put my new reauthored2 folder for the output. Select the main movie, VTS_01_*.vob, in my case. In the bottom window select PGC 01. Then Replace, and browse to the VTS_01_0.ifo from the remuxed folder. This is the movie with the subs. Then Process.

The new DVD had all the menus, and extras, and the subs. Worked great.