1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i get rid of Evolution X and get my dashboard and memory back????

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by crytuff, Oct 26, 2005.

1. crytuff

crytuff Guest

some 1 help me cuz i softmoded and i can't get the shit off.

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Did you backup your MS dashboard? If you softmodded it then you should have had the option to do it and have the option to go back to the MS dashboard. As of getting the whole softmod off I dont think that would be possible.

3. crytuff

crytuff Guest

I backed up the soft mod and evo x but it skips over it when i go to it.

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

what softmod did you use? Uasly you can get to the softmod and backup MS Dashboard and revert back to the dashboard if you turn on your Xbox with the disc try open.

5. crytuff

crytuff Guest

I used mechassualt and backed up everything when i first modded it and then i put evo x on it and it wont let me do anything. i cant look at my memory or save it. i can get that shit off and I CANT GO ON LIVE!!!
    thanks 4 your help plz try to help me with this shit cuz i am gettin sick of it.

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Did you try going into the softmod (turn on the Xbox and eject the tray and leave it open while booting) if you do that you should bebale to get to the softmod and choose to install the MS dashboard backup.

7. theridges

theridges Guest

i dont know about the mechassault softmod but on the splintercell if i put splintercell back into my xbox it will send me to a screen that says "remove softmod" but i dont know if its the same for mechassault.

8. crytuff

crytuff Guest

it acts af is i have no memory and when i put in ANY game i says i have no files so idk some 1 told me they are hidden in the hard drive or sopmething

9. crytuff

crytuff Guest

it acts af is i have no memory and when i put in ANY game i says i have no files so idk some 1 told me they are hidden in the hard drive or sopmething

10. ghost12

ghost12 Member

hey guys.. please help me out, i need to get my softmod off my xbox and return to normal, i softmodded with splintercell, but everytimes i put the game in, it wont ask me if i wanted to delete the softmod, what should i do.
    please help me out
    thanks

11. larrylje

larrylje Active member

you need to figure out how to get into the softmod options itself. I told you how I do it by starting your Xbox with the DVD try open right after you start it. If this isnt the way your softmiod worked then you need to find out how to get into it. So you can change the MS Dashboard back witrh those options. I dont know what else to tell you.

12. theridges

theridges Guest

if you put in splintercell and go to checkpoints again it should ask if u want to remove the softmod.

13. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

Do you still have the game save/softmod installer on your xbox hdd? If so, you just need to start up the game that you used to softmod in the 1st place and select the game save(run Linux). Once in the softmod menu you select the option of restore ms backup.

14. ghost12

ghost12 Member

ok.. i clicked on ms dashboard, and the screen went black for as long as i dont turn it off
    i also tried to restore ms backup, and then ms dashboard, but it still didnt work. I also tried file manager, and click on msdash.xbe, and the screen said" loading.... online updater application." for as long as i have my xbbox on//
    wtf.. it f*cked up my xbox now since i downloaded that stupid softmod, can someone please help me out, steps by steps
    i also tried to put the game(splintercell) in, start the file linux, but i didnt get any message of saying if i cancel/delete my softmod
    now i can still play games, and watch movies, but cant go online and play halo2, the green light flashes red, and said i need to contact my guest services for futher helps.

15. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

I don't even know what you mean here, your not very clear. A softmod will erase your C partition and then use evox or Unleash-X as your default dashboard.
    If you try to run the ms dashboard after you softmod [bold]it won't work[/bold]. Did you backup the MS dash before you installed the softmod? If you didn't, selecting the option of restore ms backup isn't going to do anything.
    I believe [bold]you[/bold] F*cked it up, restoring the ms dash should erase the C again and use your original files to restore your C from E. I don't think you backed it up to start with.

16. popacap

popacap Guest

ok guys please help, i did the mech softmod and it worked fine, now i just need to get it off, on accident, i dleted run linux of my hdd, so when i put in mech it doesnt pop up, i created a backup for ms dash, just how do i get it up and running?? i have evo x running and thats the only thing, i could only get to file manager. please tell me what to do!!!

17. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@popacap reinstall the game exploit on the Xbox HDD. Install it the same way you installed it the first time. Go to the gamesaves and save the exploit in it off your memory card.

18. Carona715

Carona715 Member

I need major help I modded my xbox then deleted all my back ups. Is it posible to format the hardrive and get rid of the mods that way? I dont care what it takes off i just want these mods off!

19. LoveHack

LoveHack Guest

ok, for anyone who installed the mechassault-evox with ltools and pbl meetoo softmod, all you have to do when you are at your evox dash is go to launch menu, then apps, then ltools. once in ltools, 3rd from the bottom says 'C-restore'. do that and follow the directions. if you backed up your C drive when you installed the softmod, this should work. if not, you're screwed. also, if you're complaining about LIVE, you knew b4 the softmod that you wouldnt be able to play, or at least should have. and if someone told you it would work, im sorry, but you should have done research on the interweb. (sorry if i sound like an ass there...but i get tired of the LIVE issue).
    anywho. hope that works for you. as for other softmods, sorry but i cant help you. maybe this process will work with others too.

20. Carona715

Carona715 Member

i used the splinter cell version and the back ups i cant find. any way to just format it?