1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I get the .jad and .jar files to be in the same folder?

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by april529, Mar 4, 2005.

1. april529

april529 Member

Hey everyone!

I have a Motorola V220. I'm trying to upload games to it using the instructions from http://www.motopage-links.uk.tt/.

I have tried everything. I looked over the whole entire forum and nothing helped!

I have enabled my Java App Loader on my cell. I am using midway. The COM port is correct, the Baud rate is correct too. But for some reason, I get a {Timer Expired} message when it's trying to connect to my phone.

What am I doing wrong?

Also, everyone keeps saying the .jar and the .jad files have to be in the same folder. What do you mean same folder? And I tried to put them in one folder on my desktop and midway is not recognizing anything except for the .jad file.

Please, any help would be wonderful! A step by step would be even more wonderful!

Thank you so much for anyone that helps me!

2. motodude

motodude Guest

3. april529

april529 Member

I did EXACTLY those steps but for some reason it still is giving me a [Timer Expired] message!

i have no idea what to do. i've done the same things over and over again for hours...

I didn't send AT command, I used the send JAD instead because the instructions said not to use the send AT command and yet I got nothing.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong...

4. motodude

motodude Guest

Did you do Step 14?

5. 7motov220

7motov220 Member

thank for all the tips --- i got my v220 showing on my pc screen and initializing --but how do you download mp3 i tried editing but it wont save ---fianlly i save it as "amr" file but the sound is horrible. What am i doing wrong???????

please help i been at this for a week already

Thanks 7moto

6. motodude

motodude Guest

7. april529

april529 Member

Yes motodude...I did step 14 as well..but still no go. I repeated the process exactly quite a few times and still nothing...I'm trying to figure out exactly what I'm doing wrong...