1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i get xvid files to play on my dvd player( got dvd flick problem solved)

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by xboxdvl2, Apr 10, 2010.

1. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

heres my question how do i get xvids to work on my dvd player.divx works fine.the dvd player is a philips dvp 3252.any help would be good and if i need to change the xvid to divx can someone explain the easiest way to do that.all help will be appreciated.

2. Pegasis

Pegasis Regular member

just use this converter and then burn to disc :)

3. timmins99

timmins99 Member

First rule, know what your DVD player will play. Next use a program like G-spot to find out what's the file you are trying to play consists of. Use a converter program like Winavi set to less than what your player will play.

eg. The video should be set to something like 720 X 480 and the codec set to divx. You have to play with these setting to get it right. Look over a divx file that plays on your player okay and see what it likes.

Always first use a DVD-RW to try it out before burning it to a DVD-R.

4. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

thanx pegasis for the link the programs downloading now.will try it and hopefully i will get xvids to work on my dvd player maybe even on my mums dvd player.thanks timmins for the reply but i should be ok now will update on this thread if i have any more problem

edit.i got a xvid file to play on my dvd using avs dvd authoring but there was a messege in the middle of the picture saying it was created with a un activated version.do i have to pay to activate it or is it free???

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010