1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i install 2 cd downloaded game? help plz

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Chr15, Apr 15, 2005.

1. Chr15

Chr15 Member

have downloade nfs 2 it came in cd image files cd1 and cd2 which i have extracted to 2 folders,install first cd no probs but when install stops and asks for cd 2 i cant get it to do anything any help would be much appreciated cheers! (large cash reward waiting for success lol)

2. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Hey Chr15,

First, Welcome to AfterDawn!

Second, all you have to do is when you get to that point, hit:

Alt and Tab at the same time.

This should put you back on the desktop, after you are there, mount the next image with Daemon and then come back to the install and then you are good to go.

I had the same problem with LOTR: War or the Ring and several other games. Worked like a charm!

;)

3. Chr15

Chr15 Member

will go try that but am not sure what u mean by mounting the image with daemon,i am jus installing them using the exe in folder 1 that came from cd image 1,? am a little bit lost now any further help would be beaut,im sure one ive done it once it be simple nuff,cheers in advance

4. Chr15

Chr15 Member

Big cheers to venom got that sussed,went and downloaded daemon and now all is good in the world!!! will def use this site more often

5. LongNgo

LongNgo Member

I've recently downloaded nfsu2 myself, and i've successfully installed it to my computer, but the problem is.. i dont know how to run it.. i've try burning it to a disc, but it would appear a msg saying "Please insert the correct CD-Rom, select Ok and restart application" help on how to run it would be much appreciated

6. Chr15

Chr15 Member

its quite simple really!! lol , if u have the cracked exe files just open the installed programe files on c drive and copy the cracked exe to the prog directory and bobs ur uncle,been playing it all nite,any probs be glad to help

7. Chr15

Chr15 Member

o and i forgot u need to have the cd 2 file in ur cd emulator,i downloaded daemon and it works beaut

8. LongNgo

LongNgo Member

i do have daemon, but when i run it.. it say i need to restart my application.. grrr.. this is pissing me off

9. LongNgo

LongNgo Member

how do i use daemon, to put my cd 2 into the cd emulator

10. Chr15

Chr15 Member

did u get the download in 2 cd image files if so the way i did it was to extract cd1 2 a folder then put cd2 in daemon,i then ran the install from cd1 folder.once install was complete copied cracked exe(razor 911) to the prog file then ran the prog and all was well!! had to delete all a few times and start again but it did work after a couple of tries,make sure u overwrite the exe in prog files

11. Chr15

Chr15 Member

just left click on the daemon icon on bottom right of ur desk top then just click on the device/media part,it will then let u browse which file to mount,u may have to change the type of file it wants to open but it not to bad once uv done it once,try that and im sure ull be up and racing in no time

12. LongNgo

LongNgo Member

Chr15,

after following the instructions, installation was sucessfull but when i hit on play game, it said something about "make sure you insert correct cd2'???

i guess i am missing the cracked exe (razor 911) wat is this and where can i get it??

13. LongNgo

LongNgo Member

finally, got the game running...but the prob is not done yet

when the game is loaded i can see the intro pretty good but when i enter a race all is see is black screen with headlights. i assume this not what it supposed to look like. are there settings that i need to adjust???

14. Chr15

Chr15 Member

sounds like it! anoying when things wont work eh,i got the file when i downloaded the game but u can find it quite easily on any p2p,i used bearshare,just look for a file that says no cd for nfsu2 it says no cd but u still need cd in daemon and then it works any further probs if u cant find it leave ur email and i will try to send it to u,it quite a small file

15. Chr15

Chr15 Member

i had a bit of a prob like that on my laptop! which install did u do recommended or advanced,what graphics card do u have,ram etc

16. LongNgo

LongNgo Member

thanks bro.. i got it runnin now..
    im gonna be racing hehe