1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do I install the snes roms and emulators

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by mattgcar, Jan 1, 2005.

1. mattgcar

mattgcar Member

how do Install the snes roms and emulators I get i'm new on the modded xbox so I need help on how to install the roms step by step

2. dumdasme

dumdasme Member

download the emulator u want, ftp into ur xbox and put it in the apps folder making sure the xbe file is named default.xbe, then put the roms in the roms folder of that emulator.

3. mattgcar

mattgcar Member

I can not back up my files from my computer to my x box so i'm still confused on this

4. mattgcar

mattgcar Member

I only have one problem I do not know how to change the computer network to static and to transfer it other than that I now know just that problem

5. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

You just need to open the control panel on your PC, go to network connections, select your primary connection, right click on it, select properties, click on internet protocol (tcp/ip), select properties in the dialog box below, then select "use this ip". Type in the ip address you want to use, and the subnet mask. You must have a dash like evox installed to ftp to your box though.

6. mattgcar

mattgcar Member

whats dns peferred server and alternate server what do I do with those

7. Darkland

Darkland Member

Hi, I'm having the same problem downloading NeogeoRageX as well as other roms on to my xbox. I thought that the program avaluanch could do the same thing ftp does.

What do I need to do ftp. Is there any guides or steps that you guys could post to help us newbies at this please!!

8. mattgcar

mattgcar Member

that's what I thought to for avaluanch I was just told when I got the xbox just use a crossover cable the guy I got it from was dumb

9. Darkland

Darkland Member

How much do crossover cables cost, were can I find one?

Also with FTP do I have to be logged on to the internet to do it? Or could I just run the file off line?

10. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

You only need a crossover cable if your connecting directly from your xbox to your PC. If your connecting through a hub or a router a regular ethernet cable will do. Check out this link, it has tutorials on all different types of networking from pc to xbox.
    http://www.xbox-scene.com/tutorials.php?p=481|482|#482

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2005
  11. FullySik

FullySik Guest

u dont have to ftp the easiest way to do it is:
    get your emulator and put your roms in its roms folder. then make the emulator an iso using quix101.
    then open nero6 burning rom
    close the new complication window
    click on recorder, burn image and select the iso that quix made.
    u can burn it on a good quality cd-rw

if u have more than one emulator and u dont wanna waste too many cds download craxtion4 and the .net framework (which u can get from craxtions site).
    make all of your emulators a seperate iso using quix.
    open craxtion4 and select create new multigame disc.
    in disc format u can choose any i prefer mxm because it gives u a matrix look and like a little opening video of matrix. menux is just a basic menu and cdx i haven't tried. so choose one then click next and add all of your emualtors iso's and then craxtion4 will make all of your emulators into one iso ready to burn with nero. if your iso turns out to be more than 700mb then u must use a dvd-r instead of cd-rw.

now wasn't that much easier?!? cya :)

12. FullySik

FullySik Guest

by the way u play the emulator/s straight from the cd if u want it installed into ur xbox use pxhdd loader
    but really theres no point just play from the cd
    enjoy

13. bxrvn

bxrvn Guest

I just finished installing xSNES and had problems with it recognizing the roms from the hdd.
    I found that if I zipped each rom individually it would see them.
    Just a little bit of FYI in case you run into the same problem.
    It also helps to delete the original saved xSNES game accessed through original M$ dash.
    Good luck!

BTW, I've not had any luck playing any of the multiplayer games with more than two players.
    If anyone knows how to configure for this, I'd appreciate the info - i.e. Bomberman.
    Thanks in advance.