1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i install UnleashX VO.39?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by WyteBoi, Jun 11, 2007.

1. WyteBoi

WyteBoi Guest

i tried burning the zip to a CD but it didnt work. HELP!......?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

you need to unzip the file, and get the actual dashboard files. The FTP it to your Xbox. If you already have another dashboard as your main dash (hacked like EvoX) then you need to read a tutorial on switching your default dashboard.
    Or you can just use an auto installer disc to install UnleashX, It may not be that version but who cares. They do not make enough of an update for it to matter. I have run the same EvoX dash for the past few years and it has worked just fine

3. WyteBoi

WyteBoi Guest

what i meant to say was i am tryin to update from UnleashX VO.38 to Unleashx vo.39.

4. acidy

acidy Regular member

You have a .zip file rite ?? :)
    Unzip it and then FTP the files and replace the files to the existing Unleash X file you have ^_^

Last edited: Jun 11, 2007
  5. steimy

steimy Active member

If the dash is the default dash the xbox boots to be very careful how you do it. If the files are not the exact same name it will not overwrite the current one's and you will have an Xbox that refuses to boot due to a dashboard conflict.

If this is not the default dash then just use a file browser for the Xbox to go into the curent UnleashX folder. Delete all the files out of that folder then just FTP the new version into that now empty folder. Using this method will assure that all of your links to this dashboard will syill work as there has been no name change of the folder or location changes as tp where the file is.

6. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

I just did this and wish I didnt(nothing big I just like being organized:).I had v38 & upgrade to the latest v39 and now I have no Emulator tab in the dashboard.Anybody know how to get it to show?

7. steimy

steimy Active member

yes, you need to edit the menu file. I know in EvoX it is EvoX.ini
    but i think in Unleashed it is a .xml file

The dashboards all have these files, all you have to do is use an FTP program, copy and paste that file to your PC, then make a second copy on your PC to fool with. That way you always have an edited and un-edited version. And rename them so you know which is which. Then you can edit the file in notepad and FTP back to the Xbox (make sure the one you FTP is the exact name of the one already there so you can overwrite the old one)

http://dvdrom-guide.com/forums/printthread.php?t=790
    your going to have to do some searching for a tutorial on doing it, or fine someone who has that can help you. Once you do it once you will find it very simple to do in the future.

8. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

I am currently downloading AID 4.01, I'm about done but i later found another aid version the 4.02 update. Since 4.02 only contains a updated snes emulator, xbmc update, skins, scripts and unleashx skins; I dont want to download the update pack. I want to know if the latest version of UnleashX included in AID 4.01. Thanks.

9. jeezy103

jeezy103 Guest

hi, to what drives/folders would i ftp the files...im faced with the following:
    C:
    E:
    X:
    Y:
    Z:

and could you give me the details such as the complete path???
    Also , ive got a whole lotta skins for unleashx ....where would these go???
    thanks again..

10. jeezy103

jeezy103 Guest