1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I/Is there a.......

Discussion in 'Audio' started by travalon, Feb 2, 2007.

1. travalon

travalon Regular member

Over the years I have accumulated 100+ gigs of music. When I started ripping I just used the default settings for how the folders would be labeled. As I grew to understand what I was doing, I changed the labels to suit my needs. Now I have a bunch of Music with the folders labeled as: Album, Artist, Track, Song. And a bunch as: Artist, Album, Track, Song. I would like to make them all match. Currently my Creative mp3 player software/organizer will only recognize the Artist, Album labeling. Is there a way to make them all match w/o editing every individual song? Is there a program that can do this for me?

I appreciate your help.

2. undine

undine Regular member

3. nickberry

nickberry Regular member

I would have to recomend a program called MP3Tag&Rename.

it will allow you to rename all your mp3 filename using the info in the tags. it will work with all files in sub directories and can reorganise the directory structure to fit the new naming style. it will allow multi file tag editing.... it can do the artist-album-song.mp3 into artist\album\song.mp3 and much more!

I cant say that I've tried the latest version or if there are restrictions on the trial editions but I've been using for ages - but you'll have to PM to find out how i do that ;)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
  4. travalon

travalon Regular member

Thank you I'll give both a shot