1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i know i have evolution x installed on x-box ?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Vectra, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Vectra

Vectra Guest

x-box is modded but i don't know if i have evolution x installed on it. when switched on there's a evo x sign in the top right of screen but it seems to have an original x-box background. when i go into the x-box settings everything is blank. i would like to network to my pc as i have a router and a nic card but don't know if it will damage pc or x-box

2. andrewhin

andrewhin Member

u probly would if theres a evox sign. u should be able to tell if it has evox if u have different options, like region free media player. it may be a prob w/ installation of evo or somethin. u need to no ur ip address of ur xbox to ftp. if u can get it all it wont damage nethin

3. Vectra

Vectra Guest

made boot up disc of evox screen comes up with evolutionx across top with remotex v1.8.458. then to bottom of screen
    ms dashboard
    reboot
    network
    harddisk
    from here can't seem to do anything but change static ip and default gateway am i on write track or have i got the wrong program

4. andrewhin

andrewhin Member

thats odd but u should be able to ftp still. go to www.chefelf.com/xbox/networking.php. and its a simple guide to ftp. u need flashfxp

5. andrewhin

andrewhin Member

also u may wanna sav the evox to the hdd if u can

6. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

Are you talking about the triangle shaped icon in the top left part of the screen when you boot?
    looks like this---->>>
    evo inside a red triangle
    X
    that's the bios
    It sounds like your just booting into the MS dash and if there's nothing in there when you select settings, I would say that you messed up your MS Dash.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2005
  7. Vectra

Vectra Guest

it's been like that since modded plays backups ok could you explain what i need to do to get the evox dash installed from this point

8. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

You just need to ftp the evolution-x dashboard files(evox config .ini file,evoxdash.xbe,skin folder) to the C partition of your xbox.
    If you can't find these files, pm me and I'll help you out.Get flashFXP to FTP into your box.