1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i know if a movie is of good quality.

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by serge29, Jul 22, 2006.

1. serge29

serge29 Guest

what i mean is,when looking for torrents to download,how do know if the quality is good before downloading the whole thing?
    seems to me that if the file includes the letters "ts" in its title the quality is poor. why? and what does this "ts maven" or "ts rustlers " mean?

thanks
    serge v

2. Niobis

Niobis Active member

There is no way to know for sure unless it comes with a sample. Anytime your dealing with "cammed" movies which is what "ts maven" or "ts rustlers" are, it is not going to be good quality. Your better off waiting or looking for DVD.

3. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

A TS is a step above a CAM, but I would suggest screeners as a minium. Probably means waiting a bit longer if it is a recent movie though.

4. Halen5150

Halen5150 Regular member

Well; my first thought would be to look for ISO's which around 4 GB's and higher; it's also good to pay attention to the torrents info and comments (if available); because I've come across torrents where it'll say that the movie was encoded with DVD-RB & CCE; which is notorious for superior movie quality....

And; if you don't look for those things, you're looking at some pretty crappy looking video;;;
    especially with what that other guy said---any time a movie's shot with a camcorder; it's bound to look bad......at least compared to a dvd quality backup....that's just my 2 cents...

5. cjdj

cjdj Regular member

look for dvd-rip or TC or Telecine or dvd screener. Any of them and it should be reasonably good quality =]

But the best way to make sure it is the correct movie and to check the quality is to use VLC media player. It can play incomplete downloads (incomplete VIDEO & audio downloads only) which is how i check them =]

VLC media player has most codecs built into it and makes it easy to do the exact job you are trying to do, give it a whirl i mean its free, or at least it was.. i dunno if it still is.

need any more help / info dont be scared to ask =]

chris