1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW DO I MAKE AN MP3 PLAYLIST TO PLAY IN THE ORDER I WANT IN MY MP3 PLAYER?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by smg, Nov 28, 2011.

1. smg

smg Regular member

I want the songs in my folders to be played in the order that they are arranged in on my MP3 Players. I have tried to retag them so that there is NO Track number in them or in their names anywhere (so that they wouldn't be played in numerical order or by their track number). I tried putting different symbols in front of their Titles (BTW I tagged them with just the Title of the Song and the Artist) and it works IF I arrange them AFTER they are loaded in my Player. But that is really not the solution I want. I already have them in the order I want them in in the folders and want to just be able to Copy a folder to my player and have the songs play in the order that they are in in the Folders. Not have to go into the Player and rearrange them again. I have way too many songs (all of them in folders with about 20 to 30 songs per folder & all of them already arranged in the order I want them to be played at. I appreciate any help and Thanks alot for reading this.
    smg

2. Mez

Mez Active member

Does your player support playlists? If so make sure you have not randomized the player. The whole purpose of a play list is to play specific tunes in a specific order.

What is your player and sync app?

3. smg

smg Regular member

It's a SanDisk 256 MB model=(Digital Audio Player). I know it plays playlists. It is the one which is doing what I described. The other one is an iPOD Shuffle 1 GB. I don't know how to find out what my sync. app. is.
    Thank You very much for helping...:)

4. Mez

Mez Active member

The shuffle may have a setting to play play lists randomly the ipods do.

Do you use itunes to sycn both devices? iTunes should get the play list right. Can you see the play list order on either device?

5. smg

smg Regular member

Unfortunately I couldn't read almost all of your reply because there was this Advertisement from Newegg all over it and I couldn't close it/remove it to see what you wrote. Can you reply again (and hopefully I will be able to read all of it)?
    Thanks again very much.
    smg

6. Mez

Mez Active member

Yes, the adds are terribly rude and dangerous. This should draw the add to this entry.