1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i make my subtitles work?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by atlaselt, Jan 23, 2005.

1. atlaselt

atlaselt Member

ok so i downloaded this japanese movie from a bit torrent and it came with a seperate subtitle file with a .sub tag i was wondering if anyone could tell me how to make it work with the movie cuz i just cant do it...if someone could email me it would be very much appreciated...my email address is swordswornknight@yahoo.com

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

What are you trying to do with this Movie??
    Make a DVD or VCD or SVCD???

If you want to put it on to DVD then all you need to do is after encodeing the File to Mpeg-2 for DVD you use a DVD Authoring Program that supports subtitles Like "DVDLab Pro" which will let you Load the "Sub" or "SRT" subtitle file into your DVD project and these Subtitles will be selectable so you will be able to Turn them on and Off with your Remote Controll...
    There will also be Options to adjust the Color ,size and Position of the Subtitles in the DVD authoring program and the Subtitles will be converted to a Format the Program can use....

If you have never used a proper DVD authoring program before (Nero isn"t a proper DVD Authoring program) then there will be a Bit of a Learning Curve but a program like DVDLab Pro has a Great Help File....

Cheers