1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I make .xbe files from content on Xbox cd?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Lakaigne, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Lakaigne

Lakaigne Member

Yes, I know that most of you are gonna flame me for this, but I NEED to know how to make .xbe files from the content on an xbox cd.

2. jwmc1971

jwmc1971 Member

3. Lakaigne

Lakaigne Member

actually, xiso makes xbox iso's from .xbe files. THATS WHY I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO MAKE .XBE FILES. Please read and answer the question. Don't assume stuff.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2005
  4. joschez

joschez Regular member

You need to refrase the question a little better. Its very hard to understand what you want.

5. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

You mean write you own homebrew app's and games? because you can't to my knowledge just create a .xbe you have to have the source (which would be your code) then go through the steps on XDK (xbox devlopement kit) which is just a small "hacked" bit of SDK for the xbox using a type of visual studio. Other than that i'm not to sure, you could just change the file extension but I'm not to sure how well it will work. If you want to know the steps in making your own programs please message me (note: you do need to know code such as C++ and/or VB/VBS not sure).

Degalle

6. jwmc1971

jwmc1971 Member

with that typo you wrote ,how could one not assume that was the answer you were looking for . dont get pissed ...you said you were gonna get flamed and no one has ...so far .. well so much for helping out ...

7. Lakaigne

Lakaigne Member

o...k...

the only way i can further explain this to you is have you do this:
    put an xbox game into your cd/dvd drive (in my case dvd) on your computer. Look at the files by going into whatever drive you have (probably d:\). Once your viewing these files you should see that they are VOB, BUP, and IFO formated files. Just like you might find on a movie dvd. From these files, how can I get a .XBE file? I want to have an XBE file so I further explore emulating the xbox.

If you are still lost, just tell me if you know a better way of emulating the xbox. and DON'T reply saying that there's no way to emulate the xbox because I know for a fact that there is.

8. joschez

joschez Regular member

I got that when I was backing up one of my games. I did restart the xbox and keep refreshing until I was able to see all the files. I am very sure that you have done that already. Try different games until you see the *.xbe files. I hope this helps.

9. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

In order to get true game files, you have to FTP into your xbox (modded xbox required). Those files that you see are just play files, which basically tell you to put the game into your xbox. They're meaningless.

10. Lakaigne

Lakaigne Member

You gotta be kidding me. There's no other way?

11. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

I kid you not. Only an Xbox DVD-ROM can read a xbox game for what it truly is.

12. Lakaigne

Lakaigne Member

So, couldn't i just find some way to put my xbox cd rom drive into my comp so I can read thos files?

13. jwmc1971

jwmc1971 Member

dude, xbox = different OS all together....ok ? you cannot read any files without a modded xbox ( chip or no chip ). its the way we've always done it ...disc in xbox...ftp from pc ...copy files onto pc hd , then burn . i know you have done this before , right ? anyway like i always say ..xbox-scene.com . this is where you need to be to go any further . these guys invented xbox hacking..have fun :)

14. jwmc1971

jwmc1971 Member

also ...arent the files .xbe ALLREADY ?? how are you going to make an .xbe with a .xbe ?? seems pointless...and xiso takes an iso d/l'd from an xbox or other source and turns it into a readable file ( .xbe) for the xbox ...that can be ftp'd to the box OR reversed to make an iso to burn so it can be played from the dvd-rom...

15. Lakaigne

Lakaigne Member

no, stupid. Have you even tried putting an xbox game into ur comp? I guess not kuz if you had than you would know that they're not .xbe files.

16. jwmc1971

jwmc1971 Member

okay im stupid ...your the moron asking how to put an xbox drive in your pc to make it read a game ...hahahah what an @$$wipe !!! like the dvd-rom drive has the software to make a pc compatible with it !!!yeah , im stupid ...try getting MAC software to run on pc by taking a disk drive from a G5 and putting it on your compaq !!!!hahahaha , heres your flame job you asked for avril-what-ever!!

17. jwmc1971

jwmc1971 Member

ok man heres more in your face ...http://baitpump.com/xbe/ ...thats 2 screen shots ..one is the drive on my pc where i keep " back-ups " , and the next is a shot of the inside of 007 AND i do believe thats an xbe !!!...hmmmm... i guess im wrong , huh ??? pull your head out boy , your breathin' to much stale air !!

18. Lakaigne

Lakaigne Member

THAT IS SWEET! wat kind of dvd drive is on your comp? HOW DID YOU DO THAT?!?!?!?!???????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!???!!??!

19. Jultrep

Jultrep Member

hi... message for jwmc1971... First WOW what a collection of .Xbe files... and secondo what are ur windows theme... and where u found it it look pretty good... plz answer me at Jul_trep@hotmail.com...

20. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

why go with simple themes? download windows blinds or ask me for the full version and some themes i have, such as codename longhorn (the look of the new os coming in 06) and mac, and several others like crystal.. its much more interesting. windows got pi$$ed at this company cuz they put out better $hit then they do. plus you can make your own themes quite well. look it up or ask me, my email is anubis66 at gmail dot com.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2005