1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i mod old maps(halo2)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by mystery14, Jan 22, 2007.

1. mystery14

mystery14 Member

everytime i try to load halo from the HD defaultxb. w/ the fonts in the same folder it says disc dirty or damaged

2. mystery14

mystery14 Member

oooo yea and how the hell do u highlight all tht through the xbox wat do u press or wat?

3. mystery14

mystery14 Member

-to start off,make a folder on your computer desktop called halo 2
    -next we will go into our softmodded xbox dash WITH HALO 2 DISK IN THE DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!
    -then we will open the ftp program,I used flashxp which is a great program
    -once we are in our file transfer protocol(ftp) program,we will go into the d drive of our xbox
    -after we have gone into the d drive,you should see halo 2
    -next find your halo 2 folder on your desktop through the ftp program
    -next extract halo 2 from the disk to that folder on your desktop
    -we will now exit out of the ftp program,and go to the folder called halo 2 on your desktop or wherever you have it
    -once we are there,we are going to delete the binks folder,then we are going to delete all the maps that look like this:
    0??_?????????????.map
    -the question marks represent numbers and letters,as such one of the .maps you should be deleting will be:
    01a_tutorial.map these are the kinds of map files we dont need,these are the single player maps
    -after we have deleted all of these,we open up our ftp program(in my case flash fxp)and go into our xbox through flash fxp and find the directory called games,and ftp our folder form our desktop or wherever to this folder on our xbox,there should be enough room,i did
    -after we have done this,we go on our xbox>file explorer>games>then we find the file default.xbe
    -this will launch halo 2 without the disk
    -modding these maps is exactly the same as modding the new ones,except you just need to resign them with encryptomatic!!and so your done,and to mod them online you need to hack the firmware,which there already are tutorials on how to do that,at least i think,iv seen a few.

this is how i did it