1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i put a downloaded movie on a disc

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by nascar8, Feb 18, 2007.

1. nascar8

nascar8 Guest

How do i put a downloaded movie off of lime-wire onto a disc. The format is avi. I have NERO but not sure what to do. Please help thanks

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

If your DVD Player reads DivX movies: create a Data-CD with Nero. Usually the AVI are not greater than 700 MB. If you have some 1 GB movie you can fit it (with some others) on a DVD-ROM (treated like a CD, but ehich has 4500 MB free capacity, not 700 MB).

If your DVD Player doean't read DivX movies you need to do AVI --> DVD. The issue is hard and need some software to perform (some is free, some is expensive). Generally: the AVI (any resolution, usually something like 640xY, whene Y<360) must be converted to 720x576(480) for PAL/NTSC. Please note: a conversion wikll never raise the quality. The quality can only decrease or, if well made, remain the identical.
    The convereion job isn't easy at all and can need many hours. We have plenty of guides on it.
    If you wish you can do it, but my opinion is that spending about US$ 50 for a DVD/DivX player is mush easier.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  3. nascar8

nascar8 Guest

ok thanks I have been doing it under data thought they might be a better way or someway to put it on a cd-r instead of a dvd-r

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Actually, if your DVD Player reads DivX movies, using DVD-Rs is even less expensive. In Nero, if you choose 'Data DVD' you can and insert 4500 MB of AVI movies.
    Your DVD player will show the Disc content:

[DivX] movie.avi
    [DivX] movie2.avi
    [DivX] movieN.avi

and you can choose which one you want to play using the player's remote control.
    That is the only way to put on a media a high quality DivX (say a 1600 MB AVI file).
    After all, approx 1.5 US$ for a DVD-R (4500 MB) is cheaper than 6 CD-R (6*700 MB = 4200 MB; 1 CD-R costs approx 0.8 US$ and therefore 6 CD-R cost approx 5 US$).