1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i read pdf ebooks on my r4 nds???

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by card1435, Jan 14, 2008.

1. card1435

card1435 Member

title more or less says it all really - the ebooks are in pdf format - how can i read them? anyone know?
    trying to make a nice meal for my lady - but cant read the ebooks on my nds.. love its portability - especially in town ie at the likes of sainsburys or asda for the ingrediants etc.. ;)

im running the r4 btw on my nds... thanks for your help / interest.

2. snorlax22

snorlax22 Regular member

3. card1435

card1435 Member

next dumb question is where do i put these files...?

thanks again.

4. snorlax22

snorlax22 Regular member

My guess would be you just throw the .nds files on the root of the card (although they may be able to go into directories) and fire them up from there through the games icon on the R4. Depending on the application (I haven't used them) they may need their target documents (what you are reading) to be also in the root, or they may allow you to browse folders for stuff to read.

My best advice is to just throw the .nds files on your card, throw on a few test files (a .txt, a .pdf, an .rtf) and see if it will read them. Play around with it and figure it out.

This site

http://www.ndsthemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=8377

seems to suggest that ComicBookDS may need it's files to be is .cbds format, but I haven't used it so I don't know. They also seem to have a link to a conversion program.

HTH

5. snorlax22

snorlax22 Regular member