1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i run emulators on my xbox.

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by pcshateme, Sep 9, 2004.

1. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

i have some video game emulators of my old video games, i would like to run them on my xbox. i know this is possible and have seen many sites explaining how to do this but none of the guides make any sense. i am a complete newbie to the xbox as i have just bought mine a week ago. could some one explain how i can run emulators off my xbox in "plain english" for me?

2. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Getting Started : In Plain English

Go to xbox-scene and read the tutorials on how to figure out which version Xbox you own. To do this you must open the xbox which voids the warranty. (Hopefully you don't have parents that will freak out knowing what you are attempting to do).
    Also, study the instalation guides to decide which modchip to buy. if you want a solderless chip or attempt the challenge of soldering.

From a RELIABLE SOURCE, purchase a modchip. If you need a solderless adapter and/or programmer buy thoes also. Look on xbox-scene for the tutorial on creating a boot cd to flash a bios (brain) onto your chip. Without a bios, your modchip is just an empty piece of plastic and circuity.

The Boot CD needs to be made on a CD-RW. When creating backup games from your originals, they must be burned using DVD-R only ( unless they are small enough to fit on a CD).

While waiting for your modchip to arrive, search the internet for required file and programs to flash your chip. Such files would include:

Bios files X2 4983.67 and X2 4983.06
    XBM ( bios manager) to convert these 256k bios files into 1mb size.

Nero Ultra 6 for burning ISO files

Slayers Evox Auto-Installer V2.5 or 2.6 Try to find V2.6 since it has the latest versions of evolution x ( and other dashboards),the latest harddrive loader, several (if not all) console emulators and the media player.

xISO or Craxtion to create ISO Backup files ( To be burned with Nero)

FlashFXP to file transfer to and from the xbox to your PC.

If you have problems finding these files, PM for assistance.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2004
  3. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

woah woah woah, im not gonna mod my counsole, i just got it.
    i heard on many sites there was a way to upload emulators to the xbox hd from a computer using a network cable and some sort of ftp program. i would like to know more about that.
    im not just some lazy guy coming in here demanding people tell me this stuff, ive been looking around for weeks even before i got the counsole. many sites had "guides" but they seemed like you needed to be a rocket scientist to understand. im pretty good with computers but i had no idea what they ment.
    if anyone knows anything about that please tell me.

4. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

You need a modchip to play backup games and emulator roms. If it were so simple to do it otherwise, then I don't think this message board would exist.

5. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

In case you don't already know, you can play the same emulator roms on your pc. Atari 2600,NES,SNES,MAME Coin-Op ect. all run fine. If you're iterested in N64 and Gamecube, you'll need to upgrade your PC so that it can manage to run DOOM III at a decent FPS rate which will cost you close to $400 ( That's if you know how to install all the add-ons yourself ( Processor,Mainboard,Graphics Card, Memeory Sticks ect.) If not, you'll need a whole new computer system costing slightly under $800).

With a Xbox modchip, even Nintendo 64 roms play fairly well and the chip is only around $65.

6. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

obviously i know there are pc emulators, i already have them and play them, but it would be better if i could just upload them onto my xbox hd- that way i can play them on the big screen, and i can just lug my xbox to my friends house and bring all the games on its hard drive. im sure theres a no mod way to do it, ive seen it before, just it seems extremely complicated-- im gonna do some more research and come back, thanks anyway for tring to help me tho.

7. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

There probably IS a way but it's far too complicated (like you said) for the average person and certainly a newbie to attempt. Modchips are the best way to go. If you are allowed, perhaps post the link so we can easily find the information you've seen and then we can put it in plain english for others as well.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/102848

8. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member