1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i save audio header within VirtualDubMod

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by MrRod, Feb 4, 2005.

1. MrRod

MrRod Regular member

I have a problem with a file that has the audio MPG-1 Layer 3(MP3) in VirtualDubMod, when i open the avi file in Virtualdubmod i get this message:

VirtualDub has detected an improper VBR audio encoding in the source AVI file(audio stream 1).
    The current preference is to rewrite the audio header with standard CBR values during processing for better compatibility. This may introduce up to 4295 ms of skew from the video stream. If this is unacceptable, decompress the *entire* audio stream to an uncompressed WAV file and recompress with a constant bitrate encoder. (bitrate: 100.7 +- 13.7 kbps)

Do you want to rewrite the headers?

can anyone tell me how i can save the change of the audio header after i accept the change in VirtualDubMod?

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Click Audio, Full Processing.
    Click File, save .wav

3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Rebootjim is telling you the correct setting for VirtualDub. In VirtualDubMod, choose to DO NOT rewrite the header, then do Stream --> Save WAV.
    (I never used VirtualDubMod (I prefer to use VirtualDub) to extract an uncorrect audio stream, but I think these are the correct settings.)
    After, as I wrote in http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/129217, either compress it to MP2 for SVCD with BeSweet and use it in TMPGenc ('audio input') or use directly the big WAV (if you've room on your HD).

Last edited: Feb 5, 2005