1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I set my burner as the Master

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by chrs6733, Jan 27, 2005.

1. chrs6733

chrs6733 Member

How do I set my burner as the master?

I've had some trouble with burn time. It takes about 2 hours for the burning process and I thought maybe this could be a problem. I've been trying everything some help would be greatly appreciated.

2. EightPaws

EightPaws Member

On the back of the burner, near the power connector, you will find a row of pins. Above the pins or on the drive label, it should show which pins should be "jumpered" (connected) to make the drive Master or Slave. If you make it Master, connect the end connector (not the middle one) to your drive. Hope this helps. Keep us posted.

3. chrs6733

chrs6733 Member

I'm sorry I forgot to say that this is an external. So I don't see those pins. Or do I have to open it up?

4. EightPaws

EightPaws Member

I was making an assumption that it was an IDE (internal connection). If it is USB, don't worry about Master/Slave. Just be sure that your pc supports USB 2 (High Speed). You can check your pc manufacturer's web site or check your Mother Board's web site. If you have an "add in" controller card, check their web site specs. If you are using USB 1.0, your burn times will be much, much longer. Also, you may need USB 2 drivers installed - depending on your operating system.

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

USB 2.0 controllers will also be listed as "enhanced" in Device manager :)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2005