1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I set up a raid array?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by klassic, May 26, 2007.

1. klassic

klassic Regular member

I have finally built myself a new computer and I want to set up the hard drives in raid 0. (I think that is the one for striping.) I have 2 320GB SATA hard drives and an Asus M2N32 WS motherboard. The hard drives are brand new, nothing on them. I am not sure what I have to do to set them up in raid before I install XP. This is my first experience with raid and I have no idea what I am doing. Any help and/or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

2. klassic

klassic Regular member

So I finally found out where to enable the raid. It was few levels deep in the bios. Then I used the configuration utility to set the 2 drives up in a striping array. Now when windows setup loads it says that there are no hard drives. What do I have to do to get it to recognize them? I set the array up as bootable and non-bootable and neither worked.

3. klassic

klassic Regular member

I called asus and the helped me download the right files to make a driver disk. So all is fixed.