1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I skin m3 simply v1.04 final?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by HG27, May 7, 2007.

1. HG27

HG27 Guest

Which file do I need to replace in order to skin the m3 simply v1.04 final, the version with built in cheat codes.

the _system_ file folder has these contents

ebook
    cheat
    gbaframe

which do I replace to skin the m3 simply?

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

There should be a folder named themes inside of the _system_ folder, I'm only on 1.04 beta so it may of changed though.

3. HG27

HG27 Guest

There is no folder named themes in the _system_ folder but the gbaframe file is a bitmap image, so do I change that?
    Can I harm my DS in any way by not having the right files in the m3 simply or will it simply not boot up?

4. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

The GBAframe is for when using the "boot slot-2" option, and although you can change that it won't effect the M3 Simply skin. Just sticking in random files won't damage the Simply at all, infact it will ignore them unless it knows what to do with them.

Try creating a folder called THEMES, then in that folder create another fOlder called THEME01, now download a theme from the internet and drag the 4 bitmap files into that folder (THEME01)

If the above works then thats how you skin the M3 v1.04 Final, just replace those bitmaps with any bitmap of the same dimensions, filename and filetype. You can go have another 11 folders going upto "THEME12"

5. HG27

HG27 Guest

I just tried what u said but I didn't work. I booted up as if nothing were changed.
    I tried just dropping the 4 bitmap images

bckgrd_1
    bckgrd_2
    icons
    logo

in the same folder that these files were in ( the _system_ file )

ebook
    cheat
    gbaframe

then I booted up and the 4 bitmap images I put in showed up!
    I'm happy now, thank you very much for your input. You reply quickly.