1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i split divx file into 2 files

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by xboxdvl2, Jan 17, 2011.

1. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i want to know how to split a divx file into 2.basically my dvd player wont play divx files over 1 gb.I dont want to stuff around for an hour re-encoding the video part of the file.all i want to do is turn a 1.3gb divx file into 2 650mb files.

2. attar

attar Senior member

Try loading/dragging it into AviDemux.
    Use the A/B buttons to mark the first part.
    Note that the end of the clip should be an 'I' frame (use that double arrow button to step to an I frame).
    Save the first part, eg. part1.avi then click the 'A' button and go to the end of the movie, click 'B'.
    Save part 2.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

3. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

ok ive managed to split the video into 2.the problem i have now is it didnt save it as an avi file.when i went to save video it said type all files (wouldnt let me change it).when i try to open the file it said choose which program to open it with,(can open it with wmp).I put it on my usb hdd and it wont even show up on my dvd player.is there a setting i can choose to save it as an avi file,i honestly dont know what type of file its saved it as.

4. attar

attar Senior member

Can't you rename it with .avi on the end.
    AviDemux doesn't put the extension on the filename, you have to do it when saving, e.g. part1.avi

5. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

yes i renamed it and files work fine on both my computer and dvd player.thanxs for the help.