1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i support star view bx??

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by richiemkk, Mar 21, 2007.

1. richiemkk

richiemkk Member

Hi people

Ive just bought a pair of starview bxs and plugged them in and they
    work well..
    Thing is ive now just found out that they go down quite regular.
    (This i did not know.)
    I dont know anything about the boxes and would like to know what i need to do to support them if this happens( ie software downloads)
    cables ect
    cheers richard

2. LucklessT

LucklessT Member

Richie

You should find most of what you want here on the forum, but in essence to update the box you'll need a GT Downloader (sits on your computer and when an update comes along you flash it (load it) into your box to update it. You can find out how to do that by searching on this forum for starview update. You'll find links to sites or actual files re getting the downloader on this forum. Alternatively Private Message (PM) me and I'll email you the downloader.

Of course when you do this sometimes you lose all your favourite settings so when you are up and running it's useful to keep a master copy of your favourites on your pc. You do this by uplodaing the file from your box to the PC. Then if you lose channel order on box updates you can use the GT Downloader to flash your master file across (Flash or download).

When Fixes come out they are usually posted on the forums by very like minded helpful folk, this is what keeps it going. I'd wait until you need the fix prior to learning how to use it, but it's all here on the forum if you wish to learn now.

Keep on Keeping On

3. blanno

blanno Member

Hi ritchie

I bought a star view in january and it's not gone down as yet I am very pleased with it and as lucklesst says it's very easy to flash and update

4. steelpin

steelpin Member

Hi all
    its all new to me just got my 1st star view box to day can u send me the GT Downloader just reading below im sure i will need it
    paul