1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i turn a divx into something i can burn with nero?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by cac, Feb 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

LOL!!
    I was gonna get back to you sooner,but I couldn't stop sobbing,couldn't regain my composure! You made me cry, can't believe you are so insensitive!

Well, maybe you should have your 8 yrs. old write the messages for you, from the way you describe her/him, seems to be a pretty sharp child!!
    Fist of all, I never claimed to be mature. Never claimed to be an adult. If somehow you were led to believe that, it is your mistake!! And you were right about not liking to be picked on! That's because I am perfect!!
    I am always right, even when I am wrong. Even though I am not a Woman, God still made me perfect!!
    What do you mean by being "foreign"? Since the company Afterdawn is based in Finland,I am assuming that by "foreign" you mean any nationality but Finnish?( don't feel obliged to answer, the questions are just rhetorical:~)!) That's the only one that makes sense, so I guess no, I am not forign, but I am a foreigner, with a perfect English( even when I use the wrong tense, or the wrong person!)! As you can see, it is all about "I", "I"!! because the world does revolve around me, what can I say!
    Well, I had enough fun:~), and as an imature teenager that I am, I will break off and ruin the game. Want to chat some more , PM (private message)me!
    Cheers, and good luck to you!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Let's do this - knock it off and post about the subject at hand ONLY.
    Not who's right, wrong whatever and the petty disagreements.
    We're here to help people - remember?

3. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

Thank you Binkie, my thoughts exactly!

Now to get back to that...

How did you go cac? Did the method I suggested work for you?

As far as I know a DVD player with standard DivX certification (ie: not Ultra certified) can only play DivX from an avi container. I have 4 (3 officially certified) DivX DVD players at home and none of them play from the DivX container. The one that isn't officially certified can also play from a mp4 container (which is awesome!) but not the DivX container.

I will be honest in saying that I have never tried the method I suggested to you but I clearly remember reading on the DivX website that their container (DivX) is an extension of the avi container. This means that the DivX container is a wrapper (for avi) which contains extra information to enable advanced interactive features such as menus and subtitles. The backwards compatibility via renaming the extension to avi means that you will not have access to the advanced features included in the DivX wrapper. Kind of like mp3 pro, which means if you don't have mp3 pro installed on your PC then it will still read the mp3 core by any standard mp3 decoder.

If I am wrong on the above information, then I can only apologise on behalf of the DivX website as that is where I gained this information. It is tucked away in my memory from a few years back though so things might have changed since then... ?

By the way since it is only 600mb, you can use a CD-R instead of a DVD-R. If the method I suggested doesn't work for you then you will need to repack it into an avi container as cyprusrom mentioned. Don't worry no quality will be lost, you are just moving the video and audio streams into a different container.

I hope this post was informative enough to cover everything for you. Good luck... :-D

4. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

Amazing! cac can find time to come back and do some forum Kickboxing but couldn't even offer the courtesy of letting me know how he went. If anyone else does read this thread, please do me a favour. If someone does go out of their way to help you here at Afterdawn, please at least show respect enough to answer their questions too.

5. binkie7

@Ryu77
    Knock it off - that post was totally uncalled for.

Personally if I was cac there is no way in h*ll I would post back my results in this thread after all the VERY petty agruements.

6. RichieTD

RichieTD Guest

The main question may seem simple but it does not give anyone the whole information.

If you want to burn a divx movie on to a divx mode data disk you either select data mode in nero or hell use the divx player converter to put it on a cd r

Now not all DVD players play Divx so in other cases you would need to convert it to a format a dvd would understand which the best one I find to do this is WinAvi. Most converters have the option to then burn to DVD r

7. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Just passing through, and noticed a new poster in this thread...
    Just for the record, and is only my opinion , and not trying to persuade anyone into changing the tools they use...
    DVD Flick (free) beats Winavi's butt anytime in a DVD conversion match, in almost any heavy weight category- quality, , menu creation ability, subtitles, cost, speed(the Flick has multithreading capability;it might be slower using a single core, but the high quality comes with it). The only thing that Winavi might have as a plus is batch conversion, which most times doesn't work. I've worked with both, and the only reason I still use it is because I have a few pesky RMVB files that are not supported by DVD Flick.

ConvertxtoDVD will also surpass Winavi at any time.
    Even the most-of-the-time crippled Nero Vision will do better then Winavi in a DVD conversion.

Might want to do some testing.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  8. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

RichieTD, with all respect towards your answer. Did you not see that I had already covered that in much more detail than you had just mentioned? I can see that you are new here and it's great that you want to help but it's usually a good idea to read the other posts on a thread before you make a post.

9. binkie7

OMG - what is it with all this correction bit Ryu77???
    LAST warning - leave it alone.

BTW - I can't blame anyone for not reading through the thread - too much of bs ego crap going on.

10. RichieTD

RichieTD Guest

Yes I did read it. The thread starter said something after everyone else and I quote

I simply told them what has been said before (2 clarify)more or less and to point to point out that his original question was not straight forward as it did not have all information needed so was no needed for the understanding english bit.

@ cyprusrom

Some find some tools better than others. I like WinAvi for quickness and have the update version. I also import a set of codecs and not use the standard inhouse stuff that comes with the package. Thus I have some good quality stuff. I also do a lot of batch conversion )which I have mastered)so it makes sense.

11. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

@RichieTD
    It's all good, whatever works for you. It was just a sugestion, in case you did not try some of those applications.
    Every time I tried to add subtitles( the latest Winavi 8 was suppose to support those on its own), it made a mess out of my DVD, subs burned in all over the screen. I have to spend time muxing the subs with the video in the same container first, and then I could use VobSub...way too much.

The batch conversion made once 3 DVDs out of 2 movies...Not a good think.
    Everyone has his own preffered toy I guess...Whatever works.

12. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

What? It's my last warning, is it? Who really has the ego here? According to the original poster, I was the one that gave advice that helped. All I do here on Afterdawn is help people. You could ask Neph or Oner to confirm this.

Binkie, did you see the post I made directly under this post of yours?...

I attempted to revert back to the topic. Couldn't you see that I was on your side? With all the arguments that occured here, the whole point of the thread seemed to be lost. I was interested to see how cac went as it was my advice he was following amongst all this mess.

In regards to my post to RichieTD, I admit that I was a bit harsh and I sincerely apologise for that. I am not looking to make excuses for my post to RichieTD as I agree that I should have worded it better. However, the reason I said he should have read the rest of the thread is because cac already said that he has a DivX DVD player. Isn't talking about DVD (mpeg2) encoding applications a bit off topic? Especially since we already covered that which is why this whole craziness started in the first place!

I do not believe that my focus ever strayed from helping cac.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  13. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Lets just close this thread to avoid anymore misunderstandings from everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.