1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I uninstall UnleashX Dashboard?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Manc89, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Manc89

Manc89 Member

Can anyone help me on how I do this, I made backup files of the original dashboard but I don't know where they were saved to, if you know can you tell me?

So basically I want to remove Unleashx for the time being and install the normal dashboard so I can access the dashboard on live.

2. mjdiddy16

mjdiddy16 Member

If U want 2 restore the MS dashboard, just start up urr box without a disk in it. That will take u back to the screen where u installed softmod amd created backups and installed evox or unleashx. Then Close the disk tray, then hit restore Ms dash. Then rebot ur xbox and u should now have the original ms dashboard. U r now able to conect to xbox live with modz.

3. Manc89

Manc89 Member

when i open up the disk tray with no disk in it it sends me to the unleashx dashboard,

anyone know how to get the ms dashboard back on?

4. Manc89

Manc89 Member

i made back up files of the original dashboard to my C Drive,

How do i take of the unleash dashboard and put the original dashboard back on by just usin FTP ?

5. xMod4Funx

xMod4Funx Regular member

You even need to use FTP. If you backed up your M$ dash before you installed the mod you can just open the disc tray and it restore m$ dash.

6. mjdiddy16

mjdiddy16 Member

All U do is open up urr disk tray wit no game in it. It should take u back to the screen where u installed unleashedx and installed softmodded. Now just hit the restore ms dashboard and restart ur xbox and u have the ms dash.

7. meleeman9

meleeman9 Member

plz tell me how to actually do this because i dont know to either

and i tryed it your way

Last edited: Jun 9, 2006
  8. Malakyt

Malakyt Member

honestly it depends on which softmod you were using. for example... if you were using the mech assault exploit you reload the MechAssault game and go back to run linux. this takes you to the original unleashx where you first softmodded. there is an option there to "remove softmod" hope that helps

-D-

9. cearel

cearel Guest

just ftpinto ur box find ur backed up dash put it bqack in the c:/ and delete unleashx

10. hotdog567

hotdog567 Member

Check for this because it had me bad... check if u have ur hdd locked up, this kept me from going back to the softmod installer with the disk tray open. Bad part for me was that it did not give me the option again to unlock it.

P.S. when i meant again i didnt mean i locked it in the first place for i had no clue what was going on inbetween my brother and the softmodded xbox. :p

11. loser818

loser818 Guest

how do u know if it is lockedd????

12. cearel

cearel Guest

just run a program like configmagic

13. loser818

loser818 Guest

can u send me a link on were to find it

14. cearel

cearel Guest

umm i dont have one just google it its everywere lol

15. loser818

loser818 Guest

ok kool thanx

16. cearel

cearel Guest

np man let me know how it goes

17. Ron1212

Ron1212 Member

Omg this is lame some1 help me out I cant go on xbox live cause it can esolce the dns servers or something i think ...can some1 tell how to unsoftmod my xbox plz i have backups on my xbox i think but not on my comp

18. mrmucho

mrmucho Member

I am having the same problem........i want to delete Unleash X.and when i click MS dashboard or something like that it say there are do files on it.How do i restore the normal dashboard.email me or respond here.Email=ODB1459