1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I Unlock my Xbox HDD

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by atomic04, Oct 13, 2004.

1. atomic04

atomic04 Member

I have a couple Drives out of some xbox's i had modded.
    now i want to put them to good use.. But they are locked
    how do i unlock them for use in a PC ??

AToMiC

2. ovadatop

ovadatop Member

if they are not in your xbox then u will have to put them back in...

can only been done from an xbox...

if you have a xenium ice mod chip then you can do it through the os in disk tools...

other wise you will have to use [bold]EvolutioX Dashboard[/bold] and go though the system utills...

3. atomic04

atomic04 Member

Can you put them in any xbox ?? and if i put it in my modded xbox i have to re-insall the software on it first?

AToMiC

4. ovadatop

ovadatop Member

it can only be done from a [bold]"modded"[/bold] xbox
    that is any modded xbox...

as long as u have the software on the xbox to do it
    [bold]
    EvolutionX[/bold]
    or other dashbords...
    or if your mod chip has its own[bold]os[/bold] like the [bold]xenium ice[/bold]...

5. Brice123

Brice123 Member

you can do a hotswap to unlock the drive.....are you trying to upgrade to a larger hd?.....whatever you do, do not mix and match hard drives

6. ovadatop

ovadatop Member

No i think all atomic whants to do is unlock them to use them in a PC....

brice i have been tring to get my network setup but no matter what i do it wont ping or connect through ftp i have followed a few tutorial's but still no luck have u any ideas or advice....

using cross over cable
    windows xp
    Evox M8 bios
    EvolutionX V1.8.3285

thanx

7. Brice123

Brice123 Member

If you are using evox, go to the evox ini, which is your settings screen, its under system utilities i believe....then go and clear out whatever the evox settings have for any ip address the the 2 other option below that, they are like gateway mask and something else...then reset you xbox.....go back to that setup screen in evox and at the top it should display an ip address in like a light blue color......now go on your computer and go to network places, click on whatever you crossover cable connection is...it'll say something like realtk....right click it and choose properties.....then a screen pops up, in the upper box scroll down until you see tcp/ip....another window opens up, click use this ip button, enter in the ip that was given to you along with any other number that was given in the upper part of that evox screen such as the subnet. Now you should be setup. I recommend using flashfxp to connect. Open up flashfxp, you will see your computers files on the left side.....click the lightening bolt that is above the right side, it is the quick connect.....a menu pops up, enter in the ip address that was given to you with evox, then for name put xbox and for password put xbox. Hope that works, if it is confusing let me know

8. DVDHunter

DVDHunter Member

:) If you're interested, check out the following pay-site for a decent database of DVD handset codes. It's got a few machines that other sites don't feature, so I'm recommending it. It seems a good place to go for those rarer machines by the looks of things.

It's actually got a Sony unlock on one of its front pages. I don't know whether it works though, as I heard Sony machines can't be unlocked with a handset code? Who knows. Anyway, here's a link to the free page - the codes might be of some use to you.

www.dvdexploder.com/multihacks