1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I wire new DVDR with old one & satellite

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by lesa125, Feb 24, 2007.

1. lesa125

lesa125 Member

My burner on my DVDRHD04 went out, and I am not sure I have the savvy to change it. I want to still use the hard drive on the HD04 to record shows with, and I bought a new maganavox DVR to make DVD's with. I am having a terrible time getting it wired correctly. I can make both of them record and play TV, but I cannot get the Magnavox to record the HD04. My TV has VIDEO 1,2,3 and Color Stream inputs. Currently, the new machine is on Video 1, and the HD04 is on Video 2. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

2. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

To have the RHD04 play the HDD to the Magnavox, the Output of the RHD04 would need to be connected to an Input of the Magnavox, and the proper source selected. [This is assuming the Magnavox does not see the contents as CP protected

A simple connection would be the satellite signal, to the RHD04, than to the Magnavox, than to the TV.
    All the units would have to be ON to record or view. Anything else could require A/V switches

Even Hacked the ilo will not filter a MV protected VHS tape in transfer to the Magnavox [This is possable Only within itself]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  3. lesa125

lesa125 Member

Thanks for your reply. At the risk of sounding like a dummy, I would like to ask which kind of wires I would use between what machines. I know that I have to hook the satellite with the coaxial cable. Can or should I use RCA or the S video cable between the others? I think that I need to use the coaxial to the TV, because if I don't, the input is on Video 1 or 2, and that seems to be where I cannot find the signal with the recording machine. Thanks again, Lesa