1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do rename MP2 to MPA?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by jocko28, Sep 6, 2004.

1. jocko28

jocko28 Guest

This is a stupid question to all of you out there who know what you're doing but here it is. I thought i knew how to rename a file but i obviously don't. I just converted my audio to 48000 now i have to rename the mp2 to mpa to author on TMPGenc DVD Auth. How do I do it? Answers please, dying to watch Dodgeball on big screen!!

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well it is Simple...Just Right Click the File and go to "Rename" and then Give it a New Name but with a .mpa extention....

I think you might have to have the Option to Hide extentions for Known file types Disabled in the windows settings ,But if you can see the extention then that option is allready disabled...

3. jocko28

jocko28 Guest

Many thanks, that is the least of my worries at the moment. Went to drvupdate.com to update my firmware but it seems to have wiped my dvd drive off my bios. Any ideas?

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

You mean that your PC doesn"t recognize the DVD Drive anymore???

Go into your Bios setup and see if you can get your Bios to Re-detect the Drive....

Cheers

5. jocko28

jocko28 Guest

I've gone into it further now. Apparently I've deleted the firmware so I need to reinstall it in dos but actually doing that is a different matter

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

Deleteing the Firmware is a Bad thing...I hope you can Fix it cuz I have heard of Drives sometimes not being repairable after a Failed Firmware Update...

I have Updated the firmware on mine 4 or 5 times even useing Hacked Firmwares and Luckilly not had a Problem...

Good Luck

7. jocko28

jocko28 Guest

Thanx, i think i'm goin to need it. I've failed so far.