1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do u solder the mod chip on?(HELP)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by bongoo, Dec 13, 2004.

1. bongoo

bongoo Member

How to do u solder the mod chip on?
    ok once the chip is on the xbox is that it or i have ftp files from my to the xbox?
    Does the mod chip come with the bios?does it already have e.g.evox on it?

2. EnlighT

EnlighT Member

dear bongoo which mod chip is this? is it an xecuter 3 a smartxx, an xbit, or a super alladin. I prefer you to get the xecuter 3 which has a no solder option. for instructions on how to solder, i know im not allowed to advertise, but at the same time DO NOT ORDER from this horrible site. Only read the instructions for your mod chip at www.modchip.com. And for the bios, you have to install it yourself on certain mod chips. There should be a usb port you hook into an xbox controller spot, and than thats how you hook the xbox up to your computer. good luck.

3. bongoo

bongoo Member

the chip i have is xecuter 2.6.
    it comes with cromwell flash(what is that?)
    and how do i put evox on to it?
    do u have any diagrams on how to solder?

4. EnlighT

EnlighT Member

xecuter 2.6? This is an older version that me and my friends are used to. You put the evox into it when you're done soldering it. However, I am not familiar with the soldering for the xecuter 2.6. The cromwell flash is a light that makes your xbox have colors coming out from the control panels. It is a very nice structure that makes your xbox look like a comptuer with its cathode lights.

5. yankeered

yankeered Regular member

The cromwell flash is a light that makes your xbox have colors coming out from the control panels
    say what?
    try a flash that is legal for chip makers to send that is not made with microsoft code, but will still get you started, you can reflash the chip with something more popular

6. peachman

peachman Member

OH BOY! That light thing is a winner EnglishT. Bongoo please go to xbox-scene.com and go to the "tutorials" tab and read up on the questions you have asked. If you still have questions feel free to come back and ask. The xbox modding can seem a little complicated but after ALOT of reading and some trial and error its not too bad. Believe me when I say xbox-scene.com will become your BEST friend. And EnglishT please dont post misinformation for the noobs.