1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you access safe mode on Asus Motherboards?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Red_Maw, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Red_Maw

Red_Maw Regular member

How do you boot in safe mode on Asus motherboards. I've looked all over and tried many things but just can't figure it out. I know F8 lets me choose which dive to boot from and if I press it again after selecting my HDD I can choose which OS to load, but I can't find safe mode anywhere. Can someone tell me where Asus has hidden it away?

Thanks.

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Safe mode I was under the impression related to the operating system, not the motherboard. It's not an ideal solution but when windows is loading (blue bar going across) I press the reset button, that brings the list up when the PC comes round again.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

safemode is only in windows as it has nothing to do with the motherboard unless it is causing a problem. press f8 & select safemode from the list of normal mode & others.

4. Red_Maw

Red_Maw Regular member

I have XP SP2B and F8 doesn't bring up a list the list of normal, safemode etc., it only allows me to choose which drive to boot from. If I press F8 again after selecting which drive I want to load from, I can select which operating system I want to load.