1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you back up doom 3, safedisc 3.20.022?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by max_cain, Aug 4, 2004.

1. mblue

mblue Guest

If you could onlt see the light on over my head as I pound it on my desk.

I get it now. Thanks for your help.

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

For now, the alternative method to backup Doom 3 is to read all 3 images to your hard drive, preferably slow in iso or bin and cue file format. Once you've done that use CDMage or IsoBuster and extract Doom3_2(CD 2) to a folder and find a "no cd patch"(Google up), tuck the "no cd patch" in that folder then burn Doom 3_1(CD 1), Doom 3_3 with Nero or burnatonce. Burn Doom3_2, the folder you modiied and burn as "data" preferably slow. After installing the game, explore Doom3_2 (CD 2), copy and paste the "no cd patch" to the following directory:
    C:\Program Files\Doom 3. Now go to Start>Programs>Doom 3 and game should run smooth sailin'
    burnatonce <-- FREE
    http://www.burnatonce.com/downloads
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]MSI KT6V-LSR MS-7021
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+ (OC'd to 3200+)
    1 Gig Corsair XMS PC3200 (OC'd DDR 400)
    MSI MS Starforce nVidia GeForce FX5500(256 DDR)
    Maxtor ATA\133 200 gig
    Lite-ON LTD165H DVD-ROM
    Lite-ON LDW411S DVD-Burner[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2004
  3. pureplyr0

pureplyr0 Member

I got my doom 3 2 days ago and was trying to back it up. I have alchohol 120, but it wouldn't make an image, it got to like 2 % and stopped. Any suggestions, my DVD player is sony don't know the model and my DVD burner/ cd burner is below in my sig.

4. neonflx

neonflx Guest

hi
    this is my first post here, however i been an avid reader of this forums. I was able to backup DOOM III using a SONY DRU-500A to read and burned the iso image created with Alcohol 120%. I use a Pioneer DVD-120S to play the backup's. I did encounter some problems after installing the game from the backup cd's it keep telling me that i had some emulation software install to uninstall it and restart the progra, i did disable the emulation on alcohol and cdclone and all went well. when i backed up the cd the game was not actually installed, autorun was disable on all drives using aspi 4.72 and used alcohol 120 to create an iso the used it to burned the 1st cd i actually backed up cd #2 and 3 while installing the game (used nero to back up cd #2 and 3) the game installed with the backed up cd's on 2 other of my computers computers without problems. i did extensive reading before attempting to back up the game, i used 4x for reading and burning the image with the sony DRU-500A. i played it back using the pioneer dvd.

5. pureplyr0

pureplyr0 Member

Ok I just tried doing the image with alchohol 120 again in both my Sony DVD-RW and my DVD player. It says disc read error: 992 and a bunch of diff numbers every like 5 seconds. It dumps .1 MB at a time but disc read errors come up. Whats the deal, the disk is brand new and not scratched.

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Those errors are built into SafeDisc as part of how it operates. It's absolutely normal to see these and they will eventually stop as the read progresses. Just let Alcohol do it's thing, it may take a while so be patient :)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    Got Indie? http://cdbaby.com/

My Movies! http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Rephaim[/small]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2004
  7. samurai85

samurai85 Member

I have a perfect backup of Doom 3, I used Alcohol 120, latest version, put the setting on SafeDisc 2/3 and made sure that I had the read speed on 4x, no higher or it wont work, and after I created the images i emulated them and they work fine, dont use no cd crack wat so eva.

8. Wepwawet1

Wepwawet1 Member

I got a perfect backup of Doom3 with Alcohol 120% also.The strange thing is i was able to read it at max speed unlike everyone else here and it works fine. Just made an .iso image file and then burned it.These are my setting i used.
    Settings and Hardware Configuration for Doom3

Sony DVD-Rom DDU1621 - 40x CD-Rom,16x DVD-Rom
    Product Revision Level - S2.9
    Read ISRC:Supported
    Read UPC :Supported

Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-A05/105
    Product Revision Level - 1.33
    Read ISRC:Supported
    Read UPC :Supported
    BURN-Free Technology:BURN-Proof
    Auto-Select Best Write Speed:Not Supported
    Read ATIP:Unknown

Max Read Speed:32x
    Max Write Speed:16x
    Current Read Speed:32x
    Current Write Speed:16x

Alcohol 120% Version: 1.9.2 ( Build 1705 ) Settings For Doom3

Datatype:SafeDisc 2/3

Skip Reading Errors:Checked/Enabled
    Fast Skip Error Blocks:Checked/Enabled
    Read Speed:32x
    Write Method:RAW DAO
    Write Speed:16x

Emulation Setting:
    BAD Sectors Emulation:Checked/Enabled
    Sub-Channel Data Fixed And Emulation:Checked/Enabled
    LaserLock Emulation:Checked/Enabled

Time lapse of 17min.

If your having trouble you should try these settings cause these are the ones after all the forums ive been to tell you to use in Alcohol 120% and are the ones that seem to work the best.

9. Nephilim

It's not a perfect backup if you're running emulation :)

10. Wepwawet1

Wepwawet1 Member

What do you mean its not perfect if im running emulation? The disk works on its own accore without anything else to run it. I just put it in my drive and run Doom3 and it plays just as if the original disk were in the drive with no problems.I have even done a reinstall of the game with the backup disk and does not say an emulation is running when trying to run the game after an install like what neonflx had problems with.

11. Nephilim

Will the game play if you completely uninstall A120?

12. Shoey

Shoey Guest

A "perfect 1:1 backup" of Safedisc cd protection is a backup that plays in a dvd or cd-rom without the aid of any emulation or software dependent.Nephs backup Doom 3, written with a Plextor Premium is a perfect 1:1 backup, no emulation or software required(to play game). I believe Neph used BlindWrite Suite 4.5.7 :)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]MSI KT6V-LSR MS-7021
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+ (OC'd to 3200+)
    1 Gig Corsair XMS PC3200 (OC'd DDR 400)
    MSI MS Starforce nVidia GeForce FX5500(256 DDR)
    Maxtor ATA\133 200 gig
    Lite-ON LTD165H DVD-ROM
    Lite-ON LDW411S DVD-Burner[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2004
  13. Nephilim

Yep, I used BlindWrite Suite 4.5.7 :)

14. Wepwawet1

Wepwawet1 Member

Ok Shoey and Nephilim this is for you guys. I did what you guys said to prove wether it is a 1:1 backup and even tried a few other things. Now tell me if im wrong but in order for it to be a true 1:1 backup it needs to be "without the aid of any emulation or software
    dependent" and "no emulation or software required(to play game)" correct?. Which is why Nephilim asked "Will the game play if you completely uninstall A120?". Am i on the right track?. Ok so my first test was to uninstall Alcohol 120% and see if the game would run without the program used to create the backup with emulation running on the disk when created. I uninstalled and put the disk in both my Sony DVD-Rom DDU1621 - 40x CD-Rom,16x DVD-Rom and my
    Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-A05/105 and tried to run the game in both drives and tried several times and with 100% results with no error's on every run. On my second test I went even further by taking my Doom3 backup and trying to play it on my brother's computer that did not even have doom3 on it and has never had any program such as Alcohol or blindwrite installed on it before. I also thought it would be a good idea to try and install the game on his computer with my backup. Needless to say the game installed wonderfully on his computer using my perfect 1:1 backup and also played perfect on the several times that he played doom3 using my disk.
    And again this disk was created with the these emulation settings: Emulation Setting:
    BAD Sectors Emulation:Checked/Enabled
    Sub-Channel Data Fixed And Emulation:Checked/Enabled
    LaserLock Emulation:Checked/Enabled:
    and using Safedisc 2/3.
    Anyways so according to you guys my disk is not suppost to do this with the emulation enabled/checked? Hmm,well just dont know what to tell ya.

15. Bender_B

Bender_B Member

I have a weird problem. I backed up the game just fine, and I tried to install it on another computer. It installs fine, but when it asks for the second cd, I pop it in and click "ok". The dialog box that asks for the second disk dosent go away, as if i were putting the wrong disk in! I tried it with cds and virtual drives, and the same crap happens, did i do something wrong??

16. Shoey

Shoey Guest