1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you burn gamecube iso's?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by AJP, Jan 27, 2006.

1. AJP

AJP Member

I tried to follow the guide on http://modthatcube.pxn-os.org/main.htm but the edition of nero they use is totally differant than mine. I have nero 6 and can't figure out how to do it. I will go buy software if someone can show me how to burn the iso's. I keep getting errors everytime I try it.

2. ozzyzak

ozzyzak Member

What kind of errors are you getting? And are you getting them from Nero or from the gamecube?

You should be able to load up Nero:

File>Open

and then locate the iso image. Make sure that you're burning at a speed comfortable to you and make sure the finalize checkbox is selected.

3. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Depending on whether you're using the Burning Rom or the Nero Express application, the instructions are slightly different.

If you're using Nero Burning Rom, all you have to do is hit cancel on the first screen that pops up, then select the "Recorder" pull down menu, and pick "Burn Image." Then, select the image you wish to burn, turn on the "Finalize Disc" option, and burn at 4x since that seems to give better results.

If you're using Nero Express, just select the "Disc Image or saved project" option and follow the on screen instructions. Be sure to finalize the disc and burn at 4x.

4. zombie_x

zombie_x Guest

the mini dvds i have are only 2x write speed. is that a problem?

5. ozzyzak

ozzyzak Member

My burner burns the 4x Ritdata minis at 2 speed only and I've had much success with them.

6. zombie_x

zombie_x Guest

for some reason my GC can boot copied games with AR. Dont know why though.

7. dg0896

dg0896 Guest

YOU cannot Burn Gamecube ISO's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. ozzyzak

ozzyzak Member

You can't?

9. silver95

silver95 Regular member

Uh... yeah. Sure. Tell that to the hundreds of people who have burned gamecube ISOs and play the backups on their computer. Really, none of them have burned the ISOs, have they?

Lame.

10. Brewgod23

Brewgod23 Regular member

I followed the Nero procedure outlines at ModThatCube and my mini DVD burn fine but when I try to plave the backup game I get this error on the GameCube "Disc could not be read". I installed the Viper-Extreme and adjusted the pot to about 160 ohms. What am I doing wrong?

11. dg0896

dg0896 Guest

I happen to work for Nintendo and I know for a fact you can't because we put security coding in our games I am not allowed to say what kind but we do. Also, even if that was possible you cannot play it on your computer because the controls would be all screwed up. So before you open your fat mouth, think about what you say!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2006
  12. AJP

AJP Member

Gamecubes will play backed up games if you use a mod chip, I don't care that you work for nintendo.

13. Brewgod23

Brewgod23 Regular member

I read that Nero v7.0.1.4b has problems buring games. Is this true? Should I be using Nero v6?

14. silver95

silver95 Regular member

Yeah, Nero 7 has serious issues.

And really, mister "I work for Nintendo!" should learn to read before opening his mouth. Dumbass.

15. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

XD @ dg0896

Thanks for the laugh.

16. Brewgod23

Brewgod23 Regular member

I got my backup to download to my PC using the Cobra 1.5. I now have the iso. I am now having trouble buring my backup to mini DVD-r. I used Nero v7 and I am following the procedure outlined at ModthatCube. I am making costers. I am thinking the maybe it is my pot. I did adjust it to 160ohms but still my GC is not reading them. I don't will know if it is my GC, Viper or pot. I ordered Retik mini DVD-r yesterday. Maybe it is my Sony mini DVD-r?

17. ozzyzak

ozzyzak Member

Could be your media dude. I'm tellin ya, my cube came factory at 180, and it plays Ritek just about flawlessly, but I've had no success burning on any other kind of media. I'd wait to see if the Ritek discs work for you as it will save you some hassle. also just to let you know, it appears some people have been having problems burning images with nero 7 and they as well as I, recommend ImgBurn.

18. Brewgod23

Brewgod23 Regular member

Is ImgBurn a iso buring software? What version of Nero works flawlessly? I just want to get the right one and stop fooling around with software that may or not work.

19. ozzyzak

ozzyzak Member

I wouldn't have recommended it if it didn't work. If you browse around a bit people are having problems with a version of nero 7. I don't know which one is the best to use because I don't use it.

20. Brewgod23

Brewgod23 Regular member

Does ImgBurn backup GC iso? I know the DVD Decrypter did not. Only PS2 games and DVD movies. I ask this because ImgBurn is by the same people as DVD Decrypter.